• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

victoorious

Reaction score
Can you post some on wear pictures of the bomber jacket?

With JE black crew and JE Silk Grey crew neck

I know the bomber is very pricey, and when I got it in its original package, I was a bit nervous because it was so thin. But after wearing it. I really like it a lot.

So to each their own on how they feel about this bomber.

** I should try to pair it with the graphite jeans next on my bed haha **

DrinkOrDie

Reaction score

With JE black crew and JE Silk Grey crew neck

I know the bomber is very pricey, and when I got it in its original package, I was a bit nervous because it was so thin. But after wearing it. I really like it a lot.

So to each their own on how they feel about this bomber.

** I should try to pair it with the graphite jeans next on my bed haha **

thanks, looks good :) just wear it everyday then you can justify pricing lol

Last edited:

yode24

Reaction score
is the difference between L and XL Escobars pretty big? I feel like I'd be between a L and a XL according to their waist measurements (my true waist is a 34 but my thighs are a bit big, for ref. I wear a 32 APC Petit New Standard). What do you guys think... thanks!

skeen7908

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Lol at the stans in this thread who believe that JE makes the price as low as they can

JE sets the price as high as the market will tolerate. In fact the high price is part of the appeal of perceived quality and exclusivity.
The market is of course consisted of fuccbois such as yourselves
Loopwheel and riri zips and other such gimmicks are there to justify them selling $300 sweatpants

I can guarantee their margins are enormous
Even the third party stores almost certainly have at least a 100% markup, and given JE sells direct at the same price you can at least double if not triple or quadruple that for them

Why would you expect any business to leave profits on the table? Are they motivated simply by making people swagged out rather than by money?

justjohn

Reaction score
Is getting loopwheel sweats worth it compared to the normal ones?
@zach717 Own the loopwheel flash zip and it is definitely much softer and comfortable compare to the regular flash zip
If you have the money, I would definitely pick up a piece to have in the rotation.

tokyocean

Reaction score
Lol at the stans in this thread who believe that JE makes the price as low as they can

JE sets the price as high as the market will tolerate. In fact the high price is part of the appeal of perceived quality and exclusivity.
The market is of course consisted of fuccbois such as yourselves
Loopwheel and riri zips and other such gimmicks are there to justify them selling $300 sweatpants

I can guarantee their margins are enormous
Even the third party stores almost certainly have at least a 100% markup, and given JE sells direct at the same price you can at least double if not triple or quadruple that for them

Why would you expect any business to leave profits on the table? Are they motivated simply by making people swagged out rather than by money?

Finally. Someone who sees it the way I do. John Elliott + Co is a business at the end of the day. They're not they're just to help us look good and feel good. Of course they love fashion and style, but folks in this thread believe in a delusion. Many even THANK John Elliott + Co, e.g. "Thank you so much for the sweatshirt, JE! It wasn't really a gift because I had to pay for it, but still! Thank you for the gift that I had to pay for, JE!"

justjohn

Reaction score

justjohn

Reaction score
Does anyone else think the Rue hoodies just look stupid?
@Distorbiant Agreed with you and passed on Delivery 1
Zipper placement like a surgeon cut to your stomach and didn't like the rounded bottom. Looks like an kitchen apron to me.
Everyone has their own fashion so buy what you like

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 102 36.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 100 35.8%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 36 12.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 46 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 14.7%

Forum statistics

Threads