• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • Last Day to save 20% sitewide at Kirby Allison's annual Father's Day Sale! !

Kirby Allison is one of Styleforum's original success stories, beginning long ago with Kirby;s Hanger Project. Every year, Kirby holds a Father's Day Sale featuring some of the best accessories and shoe care products in the world. Take this opportunity to get something for your father, grandfather, or yourself, at a rare 20% discount (discount taken automatically at the checkout). See if you find that perfect hanger, shoe cream, or watch case here

Enjoy

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

srizvi722

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Black coat with a black tee is probably gonna be no help. But I had the black tee on, so that’s what you’ll get haha.

Run. Do not walk. Never sleep on JE. This coat is insane. Whoever is in the need of a coat to throw on and run errands/grab a bite to eat, whatever the case may be. Buy it. It’s slouchy. It’s comfortable. It’s damn affordable with the discount. It’s not warm, so don’t think of buying this as a replacement of a real coat. I suggest sizing down. This is a Medium. I wanted an extremely oversized coat, so this’ll do. But I made sure to place an order for the size S grey before posting this bc I did not want to miss out on it.

+ it comes with the better looking JE hanger, rather than the cheapo one

CC4ED450-E3CF-401E-BA39-949727205FE3.jpeg

D5643051-D049-43C6-9BAD-BD67B34B618F.jpeg

C995949E-EF7B-4ECA-A54A-189DF3691D47.jpeg

4B1BCA48-FA76-4D67-8D3E-0C7D75C8342E.jpeg

nepats81

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
ugh super annoyed. Placed an order for Black Dual Flash with Notre and their 30% discount early last week. Got it today and the zipper is busted. Now its sold out everywhere and I hear they are a nightmare to deal with on returns.

ChronBong

Reaction score
ugh super annoyed. Placed an order for Black Dual Flash with Notre and their 30% discount early last week. Got it today and the zipper is busted. Now its sold out everywhere and I hear they are a nightmare to deal with on returns.

yea thats annoying, the good news is you can take it in to repair the zipper... but thats another hassle.

CPAJay1221

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Black coat with a black tee is probably gonna be no help. But I had the black tee on, so that’s what you’ll get haha.

Run. Do not walk. Never sleep on JE. This coat is insane. Whoever is in the need of a coat to throw on and run errands/grab a bite to eat, whatever the case may be. Buy it. It’s slouchy. It’s comfortable. It’s damn affordable with the discount. It’s not warm, so don’t think of buying this as a replacement of a real coat. I suggest sizing down. This is a Medium. I wanted an extremely oversized coat, so this’ll do. But I made sure to place an order for the size S grey before posting this bc I did not want to miss out on it.

View attachment 881712

View attachment 881713

View attachment 881714

View attachment 881715
Looks great! I really need an overcoat but wanted something more fitted. If I sized down one do you think it would fit alright in the sleeves? Sleeves looked cropped in the shots. They pulled this from the website as well. I wonder what they have planned.

JR918

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

View attachment 881712

View attachment 881713

View attachment 881714

View attachment 881715

Looks good. I would’ve considered camel or grey but no xs sizing option.

hannie2

Reaction score
Looks great! I really need an overcoat but wanted something more fitted. If I sized down one do you think it would fit alright in the sleeves? Sleeves looked cropped in the shots. They pulled this from the website as well. I wonder what they have planned.
it wasn't pulled

jstrath406

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Check out AllSaints. Their coats are on similar discount today and fit more “normally,” as in not oversized/dropped shouldered. I tried one on in store the other day and liked it.

nepats81

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

yea thats annoying, the good news is you can take it in to repair the zipper... but thats another hassle.

exactly. Im going to contact them and give them a chance. I personally havent dealt with them. It was another poster fussing about it last year.

mytkobun

Reaction score

Thanks for posting now I can proceed with my purchase. I thought it was going to be huge from the measurements. I take it medium is your true size and you sized down on the gray.

srizvi722

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks for posting now I can proceed with my purchase. I thought it was going to be huge from the measurements. I take it medium is your true size and you sized down on the gray.
Correct!

@CPAJay1221 sleeves should be fine sizing one down, but it truly is an oversized fitting coat. If that’s not the look you want, I would go with what jstrath suggested—with all saints.

CPAJay1221

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Check out AllSaints. Their coats are on similar discount today and fit more “normally,” as in not oversized/dropped shouldered. I tried one on in store the other day and liked it.
I like the look of a couple of those. I’d really like to pick up one in camel. I wish they had that option. I slept on an Acne that was on grailed and missed out. Looking for something similar to their Gavin or the old Garret.

ARocc

Reaction score

View attachment 881712

View attachment 881713

View attachment 881714

View attachment 881715

Dope pics.. What your height and weight?

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
incitylimo