• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

bbconair

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

timofay

Reaction score
Pretty happy with my JE sale season so far. Waiting on my first JE denim from Mr P (Onyx), also got a midnight villian, gray pigtail mercer and a curve tank.

Hoping to get a bogota as well at some point- do you guys think it will drop below the 30% currently at Mr P?

CPAJay1221

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Agreed about this though. Nothing compared to that first night. There's still tomorrow and I'm assuming Monday too.
Did they do flash sales on Monday last year? I feel like they were limited to Friday Saturday Sunday and then Monday it was back to just the 20 off. I could be wrong. Or maybe they’ll shake it up this year. Mike made it seem like they had some tricks up their sleeves.

srizvi722

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Last year at Sunday 9pm going into cyber Monday they knocked out the dune capsule collection. I think that was it. There’s gotta be something coming tomorrow night

leclutchjames

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Was just a joke guys.

wear what you want. I’ve seen a few huge(muscle, look like they want to do body contest for a living/body building) guys pull it off.

Also victor Cruz isn’t very big in person. More so strong/lean/athletic normal person size.

Or at least not the kind of big I imagined when I typed post. Pause

Anyway don’t be so serious

Crossbones

Reaction score
Really hoping there is something worthwhile dropping tomorrow.

Missed out on the slate raglan hoodie this morning so kinda salty

ChillFil

Reaction score
Kinda getting confused here with all the sizing talk on the forum.
I'm a size small. Every single top I own from JE - whether it be a jacket, sweater, hoodie is size S and fit perfectly.
Only time I size down to XS is with the oversized tees ie. anti-expo, mock panel Also some people say different Cast 2 washes fit different. All mine are 29s and fit near identical (aside Dillion indigo in 30 of course)

But man am I glad I grabbed my Raglan this morning, as they're all practically sold out.

(BTW willing to trade twice-worn Onyx size 29 for Obsidian 29)

LevnStijl

Reaction score
Quick question on denim sizing for a first timer who just ordered 3 pairs of various cast 2 jeans (2 pairs in 31 & 1 pair in 30).

So I usually wear the following sizes (skinny fit) in the following brands, wondering if the pairs I ordered have a chance of fitting.

Gap: 30x32 skinny
Banana Republic: 30x32 (sometimes 31x32) skinny
Calvin Klein: 30x32 skinny

Would really appreciate the input!

jstrath406

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Quick question on denim sizing for a first timer who just ordered 3 pairs of various cast 2 jeans (2 pairs in 31 & 1 pair in 30).

So I usually wear the following sizes (skinny fit) in the following brands, wondering if the pairs I ordered have a chance of fitting.

Gap: 30x32 skinny
Banana Republic: 30x32 (sometimes 31x32) skinny
Calvin Klein: 30x32 skinny

Would really appreciate the input!
You will want a 29, I wear the same sizes in those brands/J Crew and 29 is perfect. Only pair that would really fit you in a 30 would be the Dillon Indigo since it runs smaller.

LevnStijl

Reaction score
You will want a 29, I wear the same sizes in those brands/J Crew and 29 is perfect. Only pair that would really fit you in a 30 would be the Dillon Indigo since it runs smaller.

Ohh shux.. I was really looking forward to trying these, and they're all sold out as well.
I thought since I didn't like it tooooo tight, it might've worked.
"All sales with with discount can only be returned for credit" lmao

Thanks for the heads up though, I would've been much more upset after waiting a week.

jstrath406

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Ohh shux.. I was really looking forward to trying these, and they're all sold out as well.
I thought since I didn't like it tooooo tight, it might've worked.
"All sales with with discount can only be returned for credit" lmao

Thanks for the heads up though, I would've been much more upset after waiting a week.
You could attempt it, but JE denim stretches so much in the waist that it would be tough. You’d want to make sure they’re as tight as you can bear when first putting them on and then let them stretch from there. You could try the 30 Onyx’s, but the 31’s will surely be too big.

LevnStijl

Reaction score
You could attempt it, but JE denim stretches so much in the waist that it would be tough. You’d want to make sure they’re as tight as you can bear when first putting them on and then let them stretch from there. You could try the 30 Onyx’s, but the 31’s will surely be too big.

Glad you wrote back with that. I just don't feel too confident when my jeans are as tight as I could bear. I was gonna pull the trigger on another size 29 but it's smarter to wait to return my order for credit first.

I'm really hoping you're wrong, but I know you're probably right.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 103 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 102 36.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 36 12.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 46 16.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 14.6%

Forum statistics

Threads