• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA Japanese BDU Camo Cargo Pants Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Japanese BDU Camo Cargo Pants are now live. These cargos are based off vintage US Army BDU (Battle Dress Uniform) cargos. They're made of a premium 13.5-ounce Japanese twill that has been sulfur dyed for a vintage look. Every detail has been carried over from the inspiration and elevated. Available in two colorways, tundra and woodland. Please find them here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

dmill

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
to anyone who owns the bolivia reversible zip - is the non furry side water proof? also, are there any fit pics of someone rocking the alpine / white one? thankssss!!

jstrath406

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Alright JE I'm ready for the denim restock! Getting a little cold out and I can't wear these Acne Ace's 7 days a week

Last edited:

jthom931

Reaction score
Shoot, no Charcoal co mix U-neck so far... still hoping for a release in the near future!

Last edited:

GBlue

Reaction score
Can someone do a comparison on
Bogota in Oak vs Iridescent Flight in Olive?
How different do they fit?

Also, anyone got pics of New Cast 2 Springs and Cast 2 Plumas side by side?

nsubrmnn

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Is this the mainline rider for this season?
Doubtful, it looks to have a Sherpa collar, if anything this would be a seasonal item (like the summer rider). I doubt this will be made, we are in the last drop and it hasn't been in the look books. Mainline rider hasn't really changed from season to season other than the lining.

leFLOPjames

Reaction score
to anyone who owns the bolivia reversible zip - is the non furry side water proof? also, are there any fit pics of someone rocking the alpine / white one? thankssss!!
oh yeah man... it's actually incredibly so. I ran my arm under a full pressure tap for 5 or 6 seconds and wasn't wet at all, the water just slides right off.. I've actually been wearing my bolivia more with the nylon on the outside (usually unzipped), I think it looks dope. The sashiko stitching looks great.

Last edited:

leFLOPjames

Reaction score
Can someone do a comparison on
Bogota in Oak vs Iridescent Flight in Olive?
How different do they fit?

Also, anyone got pics of New Cast 2 Springs and Cast 2 Plumas side by side?
What would you like to know? Bidwal posted pics of both a few weeks ago. I have both jackets. They are very different. The bogota definitely fits a little bit bigger in the same size, although I wouldn't recommend getting different sizes. The pockets are way higher and less functional on the bogota - I don't even try and use them it seems they are mostly for the look. Pockets are also different as they are simply a **** and an internal snap enclosure on the bogota. On the iridescent they are very similar to the fishtail raincoat - an external flap with snap button enclosure.

The arms are more baggy on the bogota, but the shoulders are less boxy. Bogota seems to be a bit more tapered through the body but since it's bigger in the same size, this is less noticeable when comparing them. The iridescent was made in USA, the bogota in China. Both of them have a crazy tech fabric/colour composition with the oak being very shiny mix of brown and grey, and the iridescent being a very unique tough to explain colour unless you see it in person. Two people in the same room will see a different colour (iridescent) jacket.

If I had to keep only one, it would be the iridescent every day of the week and then twice on Sundays. It's just a nicer and more unique jacket, plus the fact that it's made in the USA. It has the same type of black inner diamond lining. The ribbing on the collar and arms of the iridescent is also a different and more unique ribbed design. The neck collar ribbing on the bogota is much larger and extends more into the neck. This can look cool but it actually is very uncomfortable if you are walking around a lot and it constantly is rubbing into the neck. I definitely think JE should have made this collar ribbing with a softer material. It does not feel good at all.

Not saying the oak bogota is not fire, it is, but in my opinion it's just not as nice as the iridescent. The fact that the colour can be both green and red and a mixture of both depending on where you are looking at it from and the lighting involved, is just very cool and something not seen in any other jackets that I can think of. In summary, very different jackets. Depends on what you are looking for. I've kept both, but if I had to keep only one it would be the iridescent.

Last edited:

vaeMD

Reaction score
kempy overcoat.

gerg99

Reaction score
Looks awesome man... what are your thoughts on it? Recommend? I've been on the fence about this one myself...

Jbidwal

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm not going to lie, any coat like that I'm good with Zara. I only need them for "look" for work basically. It's never that cold where functionality is needed. In fact any warm coat I really ever spent money on has just sat as it's way too hot after a bit.

It looks good though and I'm sure you east coast people love your coats and gloves.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 106 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 106 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 37 12.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 47 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 42 14.5%

Forum statistics

Threads