• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Job relocation & relocation assist thread

wj4

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hi all,

I've noticed that a lot of members here are well traveled, some are because of job advancements. This is where I'm interested in getting more information. How did you guys find these jobs, or were you so marketable that the jobs found you?

At my last place, we found a great candidate for a marketing director. I'm not sure what sort of package was put together, but she moved from London to Southern CA for the job. I understand that these are high level jobs, and outstanding candidates may get pouched.

Last year I thought about relocating for job advancement. I basically searched keywords on LinkedIn and Indeed to anywhere in the USA and see what popped up. I applied to positions at firms I thought I would excel at. A couple of them flew me out to interview. Great experiences overall. I can say that folks in the MidWest are a lot friendlier than folks in Southern CA! Nothing materialized. Ironically enough a position was offered to me that was miles from my current house.

The thought of relocating is still in my mind since I'm still relatively young, with no baggage or roots. I grew to think that many places in the USA have their own unique offerings. Worst case scenario is me moving back, but with more experience, both personally and professionally.

For those that didn't get recruited: how did you guys make the jump? Just search here and there for positions that you would like and apply?

Also, with relocation assist...is there any negotiation on that? Some positions I applied to offered it, and some didn't.

Thanks as always :)

SeamasterLux

Reaction score
It's mostly the job that finds you (actually a headhunter that does his job well). Otherwise, internal mobility is an option but more so if you're part of a talent management program, i.e. have been identified in the talent pool of your company (e.g. FuturA program at LVMH).

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 100 36.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 98 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 34 12.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads