• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

JM Weston appreciation thread

Louis_HK

Reaction score
Which site are you buying from?Im interested in this exact model
It's from the France website, they ship to EU countries only. I am shipping them to an forwarding agent in Germany which ship to a pick up point in Hong Kong. The trouble is if something wrong with the merchandise, you will have to ship them back on your own expenses.
J.M. Weston Discount area

dukenukem4ever

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
What's the best way to get the Outlet pricing from Weston to the United States? I see a bunch of EU countries... is there ex-VAT with shipping forwarders?
@Louis_HK any recommendation on freight forwarder?
Thanks all in advance!

Louis_HK

Reaction score
What's the best way to get the Outlet pricing from Weston to the United States? I see a bunch of EU countries... is there ex-VAT with shipping forwarders?
@Louis_HK any recommendation on freight forwarder?
Thanks all in advance!
I have no idea if shipping from Europe to US. It's more complicated since it might involve tax and duties. Maybe the only vat-exempt price is to contact J.M. Weston Galeries Lafayette email [email protected] to arrange a purchase, I think they will handle such purchase if there's stock available. Forwarders I am using only forward from foreign countries to Hong Kong.

whorishconsumer

King Douche
Supporting Member
Reaction score
As a follow-up to my experiment in having my half-size-too-small 180s stretched, it added a small amount of width and maybe 1/16th" in length – not enough to make them work for me. It's about what I expected, but had to try.

I suppose mainly for @gettoasty.

whorishconsumer

King Douche
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well, I bought those "Animation" loafers. Unhinged behavior, as my partner would say.

Cause to reflection, I have to agree with earlier comments that, for the price you're paying, we might at least get some shoe bags out of it.

gettoasty

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I just need my pair to stretch a little in the width. And mine did come with shoe bags fwiw 🤷🏻

whorishconsumer

King Douche
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I just need my pair to stretch a little in the width.

I think if you have sufficient length, getting them stretched widthwise would give you what you need. But if they're too small in both respects, stretching did not achieve much of anything for me.

And mine did come with shoe bags fwiw 🤷🏻

Motherf...

Last edited:

gettoasty

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
As a follow-up to my experiment in having my half-size-too-small 180s stretched, it added a small amount of width and maybe 1/16th" in length – not enough to make them work for me. It's about what I expected, but had to try.

I suppose mainly for @gettoasty.
Just to understand some more, you needed more room in width and length?

whorishconsumer

King Douche
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Just to understand some more, you needed more room in width and length?

Width and length. However, I did not expect length to stretch. They are a half size down from the size I am taking in my newer (more comfortable) pairs, at least in boxcalf.

Louis_HK

Reaction score
Thank god I don’t like the color,
New arrival from Mr Porter

IMG_4805.jpeg

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 95 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads