• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

JM Weston appreciation thread

Louis_HK

Reaction score
For the record, I contacted Weston about the Golf size issue. They told me that before placing an order, you need to go to a Weston shop for feet measures. I cannot do that before at least mid July. And by the time the shoes will be ready, we would be October at best. In France, we take most of our vacation from end of July til end of August, so I would not expect the order to be ready in 2 months.
I will try my luck with C&J for a pair of derbys for now.
You have to be an absolute enthusiast to go through all the hurdles for finding your right size in J.M. Weston's various models. Each and every model comes in a different length/width standard, it's an experience for getting Weston's shoes 😜 .Seems like they are custom making the F width for you at no extra cost, they just want to make sure that's the right width for you. Maybe Paraboot's chambord are more readily available.;)

whorishconsumer

King Douche
Supporting Member
Reaction score
PBVMEoA.gif

whorishconsumer

King Douche
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It sounds crazy, but my black 180s appear to fit smaller than my "animation" ones, in the same size and material.

Wabi-sabi!

whorishconsumer

King Douche
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Nope, not just me. Granted some added wear to the black pair.

I think we now know why they want you to size in person.

IMG_2289.jpeg
IMG_2291.jpeg

Vilmir

Reaction score
The animation/contrasted stitching 180 are handmade and therefore slightly larger?
That would mean a pair in 11E could fit me.
Also, I guess it is really hard to keep a precise sizing amongst all shoes of the same model, as the last models in wood are probably not all exactly the same dimensions and they also wear with time.

Louis_HK

Reaction score
The animation/contrasted stitching 180 are handmade and therefore slightly larger?
That would mean a pair in 11E could fit me.
Also, I guess it is really hard to keep a precise sizing amongst all shoes of the same model, as the last models in wood are probably not all exactly the same dimensions and they also wear with time.
Think Weston's shoes are all handmade, so slight variation in size is possible.
E width in 180 is pretty wide, if you are aware of the conversion, E width in
Golf equals to normal weston D width.

Vilmir

Reaction score
Yep that's what I thought, the 180 is not 100% handwelted like Vass does. I was wondering if the animation series was a handwelted shoe with potentially more room at equivalent size.

Louis_HK

Reaction score

Bought from Mr Porter last year. 1/2 size too small, been trying to stretch them with thick socks and larger shoe trees. Width is about right but can’t wear thick socks with these.

whorishconsumer

King Douche
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I heard back from JM Weston regarding the conspicuous absence of dustbags with my orders and they informed me that "unfortunately, when ordering via 24S, the dustbags are not included."

They are. however, sending me some gratis.

Louis_HK

Reaction score
I heard back from JM Weston regarding the conspicuous absence of dustbags with my orders and they informed me that "unfortunately, when ordering via 24S, the dustbags are not included."

They are. however, sending me some gratis.
Wow, you got a reply from J.M. Weston? That's a first 🤭
Have to be a lottery winning luck to have a reply from them.
Sometimes they even ignore your purchase request, not to mention
ordinary enquiry. About these shoe bags, I got tens of them, don't really
need anymore, sometimes I would give out extra pair for shoes that I sold.
I wonder if they make you pay for the shipping?:rotflmao:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 102 36.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 100 35.8%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 36 12.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 46 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 14.7%

Forum statistics

Threads