• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • LuxeSwap Auctions will be ending soon!

LuxeSwap is the original consignor for Styleforum, and has weekly auctions that show the diversity of our community, with hundreds lof starting at $0.99 every week, ending starting at 5:30 Eastern Time. Please take the time to check them out here. You may find something that fits your wardrobe exactly

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

VegTan

Reaction score
The Japanese doesn't have a custom to eat veal. Wagyu is steers or heifers and Matsusaka beef is only heifers.

Japanese tanneries import rawhide for calfskin or kipskin from Europe, AFAIK. I suspect they import the remainder of European tanneries.

http://www.kobe-niku.jp/en/contents/faq/index.html

Q. Can both bulls and cows become Kobe beef?
A. Only virgin cows and bullocks, or gelded bulls, raised to maturity become Kobe beef.

Q. About how long does it take to raise cattle classified as Kobe beef?
A. On the whole, calves are raised on breeding farms to the age of eight to nine months, after which they are put on show in the calf livestock market. Then, they are raised and fattened in feeding farms for about two years. Once they reach maturity, on average 30 to 32 months from birth, they are slaughtered and sent to the meat market. In particular, it takes an extra two to four months to raise Tajima-gyu cows compared with the regular Japanese Black domestic breed of Wagyu cattle.

Stefan88

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The Japanese doesn't have a custom to eat veal. Wagyu is steers or heifers and Matsusaka beef is only heifers.

Japanese tanneries import rawhide for calfskin or kipskin from Europe, AFAIK. I suspect they import the remainder of European tanneries.

Thank you for the correction.

Best
Stefan

JeffArmoury

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Hey guys, just a heads up that Koji will be visiting The Armoury for a trunk show next weekend on the 24th and 25th. Drop me a line if you'd like to make an appointment.

Jeff

Lee Ken

Reaction score
Hi. I'm having a vacation in tokyo next month and was thinking of picking a pair of shetland fox.
Can anyone tell me their quality?

nutcracker

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
:happy::happy:
Hi. I'm having a vacation in tokyo next month and was thinking of picking a pair of shetland fox.
Can anyone tell me their quality?

Like many Japanese RTW brands, Shetland Fox offers both Italian, and British styled shoes. As far as I know, the Italian styled ones are partially blake (GY/Blake hybrid?). SF is supposed to be the high end line for REGAL SHOES, so aside from the styling (up to your preference), I assume they are well made.

They have a nice boutique right adjacent to PENINSULA Tokyo.

Lee Ken

Reaction score
Thl
:happy::happy:
Like many Japanese RTW brands, Shetland Fox offers both Italian, and British styled shoes. As far as I know, the Italian styled ones are partially blake (GY/Blake hybrid?). SF is supposed to be the high end line for REGAL SHOES, so aside from the styling (up to your preference), I assume they are well made.

They have a nice boutique right adjacent to PENINSULA Tokyo.
b

Thank you nutcracker for the help. Will post some pictures when I buy them

takashi78

Reaction score
While i was in Tokyo, all the Japanese brand i tried not didnt fit me width wise.
I only went to the big department stores like Isetan etc.
Sucks if you have wide feet.

None had E-width.
ffffuuuu.gif

striker

Reaction score
They have wide sizes, just not large sizes. Japanese feet tend to be smaller and wider, just not EEE sizes.

Last edited:

Fang66

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

While i was in Tokyo, all the Japanese brand i tried not didnt fit me width wise.
I only went to the big department stores like Isetan etc.
Sucks if you have wide feet.

None had E-width. :fu:

With you there buddy, Scotch grain/Regal are generally wider than most.

Fang66

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

They have wide sizes, just not large sizes. Japanese feet tend to be smaller and wider, just not EEE sizes. 

This is true, if you have wide feet under a size 9 Japan is your oyster.

jrb666

Reaction score
I presume I'm no chance with Size 11 clodhoppers?

Got a few days in Tokyo later this week, but I suspect I'm gonna be coming home shoeless.

Fang66

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I presume I'm no chance with Size 11 clodhoppers?

Got a few days in Tokyo later this week, but I suspect I'm gonna be coming home shoeless.

10.5 EE I rarely find anything.

jrb666

Reaction score

10.5 EE I rarely find anything.

Thanks for that. Pretty much as I expected.

Any have a MTO arrangement? Hiro Yanagimachi perhaps seems to have something akin to one, but prefers you to try on the shoes when you collect them. I'd be wanting to get them sent to me.

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
putseller96