• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA Japanese BDU Camo Cargo Pants Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Japanese BDU Camo Cargo Pants are now live. These cargos are based off vintage US Army BDU (Battle Dress Uniform) cargos. They're made of a premium 13.5-ounce Japanese twill that has been sulfur dyed for a vintage look. Every detail has been carried over from the inspiration and elevated. Available in two colorways, tundra and woodland. Please find them here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Japanese Online Stores Proxy Service ZenMarket.jp - Official Affiliate Vendor

hoodog

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Want to get a Kapital ring coat. Bought one on Grail ed, but let's just say it came not as advertised.

Yeah I saw you getting that one. What didn't work out? Which one are you looking at from Kapital?

Patek

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yeah I saw you getting that one. What didn't work out? Which one are you looking at from Kapital?

The "gently used" jacket came with various stains, some wear spots, and a torn pocket which someone had repaired.

Since I live in the south, I don't want anything too heavy. Some of the wool once look nice but may be too warm and I dislike the tag on the hood. The Alpine model has a few too many pockets (especially on the back), just a little much for me.

This one is pretty cool but it is both warm and has the logo on the hood that I don't like.

So, just going with the plain ole Army ripstop in khaki (which is actually a green but I wish it was a shade darker) so I'm on the fence and the "gold" is actually a dark khaki that I do like.

and I think I will pick up this cardigan. I went back and forth on this or the longer one last night but I think the shorter one with the long sleeve will be easier to wear outside the house or as a layering piece.

So, maybe I'll get the Chino x Nylon Quilted Biver that I posted above but I can't decide if khaki or black. The khaki seems to be the darker green that I like and then I get the rip stop on gold but the black looks easier to dress up.

Decisions, decisions.

Last edited:

hoodog

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The "gently used" jacket came with various stains, some wear spots, and a torn pocket which someone had repaired.

Since I live in the south, I don't want anything too heavy. Some of the wool once look nice but may be too warm and I dislike the tag on the hood. The Alpine model has a few too many pockets (especially on the back), just a little much for me.

This one is pretty cool but it is both warm and has the logo on the hood that I don't like.

So, just going with the plain ole Army ripstop in khaki (which is actually a green but I wish it was a shade darker) so I'm on the fence and the "gold" is actually a dark khaki that I do like.

and I think I will pick up this cardigan. I went back and forth on this or the longer one last night but I think the shorter one with the long sleeve will be easier to wear outside the house or as a layering piece.

Maybe get a katsuragi cotton (brushed cotton, almost like moleskin)? Same color and fabric as these two:

1597150362760.png

1597150412818.png

hoodog

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
That second one is awesome.

I can't find that (available). Do you have a link?

They should both be the same, its the katsuragi cotton version in khaki. Don't think they're available right now, but they'll probably show up again. Maybe someone in the Kapital thread can chime in?

More examples of the same:

1597150781502.png

1597150823992.png

1597150857714.png

Patek

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yeah, that's what I'm looking for (the short version). I wounder if the ripstop is the same shade and just crappy photos as they seem to call that green khaki.

hoodog

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yeah, that's what I'm looking for (the short version). I wounder if the ripstop is the same shade and just crappy photos as they seem to call that green khaki.

No its not. It's a much lighter summer version.

Same color here:

Patek

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
No its not. It's a much lighter summer version.

Same color here:

Yeah, its not the same. Maybe I'll ask one of my old Air Force buddies who live in Japan to find me one.

I still like that cardigan though.

Patek

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have had that cardigan in my cart awaiting verification for almost 24 hours. Not sure who is working the carts at Zenmarket.

KaleidoscopicK

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It can take a day or two. I made a recent purchase on Zenmarket that took more than one business day.

Last edited:

Patek

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It can take a day or two. I made a recent purchase on Zenmarket that took more than one business day.

I just realized that if you add or subtract anything from the cart, it all has to be verified again. So my usual shopping style of adding everything to a cart (so I don't have to find it later) and then subtract and add other things over the next few days as I think about and find other stuff is very inefficient for both them and I as I assume that someone has to re-verify everything in the cart every time I do that.

yunBW

Reaction score
quick question, is yahoo Auctions bidding system similar to eBay bidding system where people can bid last second? I was wondering how I can high my chance of winning a popular bid item?

Patek

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
quick question, is yahoo Auctions bidding system similar to eBay bidding system where people can bid last second? I was wondering how I can high my chance of winning a popular bid item?

Yes, just like that. They even have something called "delayed bid" which will only bid in the last few minutes of the auction.

Guccinski L.V.

Reaction score
Just don't be surprised when seller does not ship the item you won and relists it. In Japan winning bid is not binding for the seller. The offer to sell is not a contract in Japan.

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Civil_style