• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Japanese Cooling Astringent Tohto V Eye Drops now available in the U.S.

amerikajinda

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
These have been available in Japan for a while now, but this is the first time I've seen them available stateside. They're called "Rohto V" eyedrops and there are a few different varieties: Rohto V Arctic, Rohto V Ice, Rohto V Cool, etc. and they're available at drugstores like Rite Aid and CVS and Walgreens and Walmart and places like that. They're different from regular eye drops in that they "sting" -- you know that sensation when you eat a really cool mint? Well, imagine that feeling in your eyes. It really wakes you up!
happy.gif
Try Rohto V eyedrops, and report back here your experiences. http://www.rohtoeyedrops.com

blackgrass

Reaction score
Wow...this reminds me of the time I was rushing to work and tried putting in eye drops while driving. I reached in my bag and pulled out what I thought was Visine and it ended up being one of those little bottles of cool mint breath freshener....very similar shape to a bottle of Visine. At any rate....after the first drop in my right eye I knew something was wrong. I thought I was going to die...either from the pain or driving off the road. Luckly neither.....but I have since learned to pay a little closer attention to my eye drops!

amerikajinda

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by blackgrass
Wow...this reminds me of the time I was rushing to work and tried putting in eye drops while driving. I reached in my bag and pulled out what I thought was Visine and it ended up being one of those little bottles of cool mint breath freshener....very similar shape to a bottle of Visine. At any rate....after the first drop in my right eye I knew something was wrong. I thought I was going to die...either from the pain or driving off the road. Luckly neither.....but I have since learned to pay a little closer attention to my eye drops!

smile.gif
And now you can recreate that near-death experience all over again!
smile.gif

The stuff really does sting when you first put it in... but it's a good sting. I'm going to buy the other two "flavors". It would be good for staying awake studying when pulling an all-nighter.

Maharaja

Reaction score
these have been around in my city for at least 2-3 years

ive been using them ever since i started smoking bud

Andrew V.

Reaction score
Wow. And I thought that people were stupid for buying "cooling" products that sting their faces.

savage

Reaction score
I have been into Minty eyedrops for quite some time now. the Rohto are quite tame and probably since they are state side, prob tamer. The best, and possibly strongest ones i'v eused are FX Neo. They used to be $12.. but seems liek they bumped them up to 14.50.. in Japan they retail fro around $5. They are def. good if you use teh computer a lot.. and usually only "burn" teh first few times you use them.. The burning or as they say cooling sensation is the worst when you eyes are dry, after you use them fro awhile they don't induce sunch an eye numbing feeling..

amerikajinda

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by savage
I have been into Minty eyedrops for quite some time now. the Rohto are quite tame and probably since they are state side, prob tamer. The best, and possibly strongest ones i'v eused are FX Neo. They used to be $12.. but seems liek they bumped them up to 14.50.. in Japan they retail fro around $5.

They are def. good if you use teh computer a lot.. and usually only "burn" teh first few times you use them.. The burning or as they say cooling sensation is the worst when you eyes are dry, after you use them fro awhile they don't induce sunch an eye numbing feeling..

Thanks for the heads up! I think I'll give those a try...
smile.gif

Musselma

Reaction score
So i saw this thread the other day and i was like "hey that sounds cool" so i went and got the Arctic ones and it felt kinda like I got shampoo in my eye at first and then it started to feel nice and cool. In other words: They're awesome.

Knowledge is King

Reaction score
The real deal from Japan is Rohto Zi "theta" (the greek letter), which is not available in the United States. Check out http://www.zi-1.com to see the japanese offerings. The Rohto products in the United States pretty much suck compared to the Japanese domestic versions.

Reggs

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Some US soldiers use tabasco sauce samples like this when doing Ranger training. It keeps sleep at bay.

amerikajinda

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Musselma
So i saw this thread the other day and i was like "hey that sounds cool" so i went and got the Arctic ones and it felt kinda like I got shampoo in my eye at first and then it started to feel nice and cool. In other words: They're awesome.

Glad to hear it!!
icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif
laugh.gif

Tarmac

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
My friends have been using this stuff for a while now.

I used to know this 420 guy who carried around q-tips. when he bonged up he would take out a Q-tip and rub it around in his ear canal "ahh that feels so great".....

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 101 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 99 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 35 12.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 14.9%

Forum statistics

Threads