• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • LuxeSwap Auctions will be ending soon!

LuxeSwap is the original consignor for Styleforum, and has weekly auctions that show the diversity of our community, with hundreds lof starting at $0.99 every week, ending starting at 5:30 Eastern Time. Please take the time to check them out here. You may find something that fits your wardrobe exactly

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Japanese Boot / Shoe Appreciation Thread (White Cloud, Rolling Dub Trio, John Lofgren, Clinch, etc.

Dugafola

Reaction score
I've been looking at RDT for a while but usually their largest size is a 10.5 but recently I've heard rumors that the 10.5 fits way bigger than the number would say. I'm usually an 11-11.5 so it would be really cool too be able to buy a pair of roots. I've always wanted to have a pair of lace ups taller than 10 inches.

what is your brannock? i'm a brannock 12 and wear size 10 in RDT coupen. they run huge. i even sent them a scan of my foot from a red wing store and they recommended a completely massive size so don't trust them. extremely well made product though.

for some comps:
10.5 in trubalance, viberg 110 and 2030
11.5 in vans old skool
12 in brooks running shoes

peachfuzzmcgee

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
what is your brannock? i'm a brannock 12 and wear size 10 in RDT coupen. they run huge. i even sent them a scan of my foot from a red wing store and they recommended a completely massive size so don't trust them. extremely well made product though.

for some comps:
11.5 in vans old skool

I actually don't remember my brannock it's 11.5 or 12 too I think.
I wear 11D in Barrie, Van
11D in Red Wing/Wolverines
12 in Vans old school and basically any nike, adidas, solomon etc etc
11.5D in Rios of Mercedes

That's actually awesome to hear though, I kept getting from Japanese sources that sadly my size doesn't exist and then hearing from American sources that the sizes are massive and if I were to get an 11.5 it might be huge. I really wanted an RDT since I like the leather/stitching better than most of the whites that I have seen even for the similar looking stuff.

I can't wait to get to see if this is the case, I would like to jump on some of their weirder models in the future like the patchwork copen or the furry hiking boots!

LeBeef

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I’ve been kinda smitten with the mid height of the coupen. Not sure why...it just looks kind of different in a way that I really like. Anybody else with some sizing experiences?

RuffyD

Reaction score

for some comps:
11.5 in vans old skool

would love to see pics of them worn

Dugafola

Reaction score
I actually don't remember my brannock it's 11.5 or 12 too I think.
I wear 11D in Barrie, Van
11D in Red Wing/Wolverines
12 in Vans old school and basically any nike, adidas, solomon etc etc
11.5D in Rios of Mercedes

That's actually awesome to hear though, I kept getting from Japanese sources that sadly my size doesn't exist and then hearing from American sources that the sizes are massive and if I were to get an 11.5 it might be huge. I really wanted an RDT since I like the leather/stitching better than most of the whites that I have seen even for the similar looking stuff.

I can't wait to get to see if this is the case, I would like to jump on some of their weirder models in the future like the patchwork copen or the furry hiking boots!

i'd say you're definitely a 10 or 10.5 in RDT size. i know that's hard to accept sizing recs from a stranger on the web and i feel ya. there are a few stores in US that will get stock (ie Tempo in bay area) but they serve more as a proxy. also, they will not give you good sizing information at all. i was in contact with RDT and Tempo...they all saw my my foot scan etc. and still gave me some wack ass sizing recommendations. so frustrating. with all that said, even the 10 fits roomier than all my other vibergs and aldens in 10.5.

this guy actually had the best advice for me and recommended a 10. of course i didn't listen and started with a 10.5.

would love to see pics of them worn

i'll post some up today inchallah

ajd578

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
i'd say you're definitely a 10 or 10.5 in RDT size. i know that's hard to accept sizing recs from a stranger on the web and i feel ya. there are a few stores in US that will get stock (ie Tempo in bay area) but they serve more as a proxy. also, they will not give you good sizing information at all. i was in contact with RDT and Tempo...they all saw my my foot scan etc. and still gave me some wack ass sizing recommendations. so frustrating. with all that said, even the 10 fits roomier than all my other vibergs and aldens in 10.5.

this guy actually had the best advice for me and recommended a 10. of course i didn't listen and started with a 10.5.

i'll post some up today inchallah
No disrespect but I wouldn't take sizing advice from someone who sizes down 1.5 from Brannock in Trubalance.

SLAB

Reaction score
I wear size 8d us in whites, alden trubalance and red wing. Size 8.5 in wesco and truman and 9 in clinch. Wearing size 8 in the roots which fit perfect! I also have the casper sidezips in 8 but those fit at least half a size bigger. Need to wear inserts with those.
And since this is all about the pictures

Attachments

• 20210218_150807.jpg
    20210218_150807.jpg
    239.7 KB · Views: 70
  • 20210218_150840.jpg
    20210218_150840.jpg
    152 KB · Views: 107
  • 20210218_151053.jpg
    20210218_151053.jpg
    195.4 KB · Views: 112

Calvin as in CALVIN

Reaction score
I wear size 8d us in whites, alden trubalance and red wing. Size 8.5 in wesco and truman and 9 in clinch. Wearing size 8 in the roots which fit perfect! I also have the casper sidezips in 8 but those fit at least half a size bigger. Need to wear inserts with those.
And since this is all about the pictures
Was the by chance from a preorder with Tempo Design in SF?

i'm gonna take a stab and assume you're a size 9 brannock?

peachfuzzmcgee

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hell yeah for the advice! Luckily I can try them at the actual RDT store, it's far so I wasn't going to start saving money to get a pair only to head to the store and learn that the biggest size doesn't even come close to fitting me. But having a good idea that the shoe will probably fit me. I'm gonna start putting money aside to buy some of the 15inch Roots maybe closer to the end of summer.

After all I don't need super hot shoes for summer haha.

Thanks a lot, the pictures of those shoes look absolutely baller.

peachfuzzmcgee

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hahah at this point I probably would not trust them to judge their own knowledge when it comes to the larger sizes. If someone else that has my same size basically says that they fit huge, and other people attest to that too. I won't be in the market till closer to next fall so that's probably when I'll be able to go to the shop since most stockists around me only have like up to 8.

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member