1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Jantzen update

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by norcaltransplant, Jun 7, 2004.

1. justbrowsing

justbrowsing Active Member

water, sorry to hear about your problems - it wouldn't hurt to ask about getting new collars sent to you. Let us know if it works out.

I just received my second shirt (it only took about 3 weeks) and I think the fit is nearly perfect this time. Unfortunately I ordered 7.25" cuffs (+.25" for a watch) and received 8.5" and 8.75" cuffs. It sounds like there are some quality control issues at Jantzen. Hopefully I can move the buttons without the cuffs looking too bad. As much as I like the shirt, the stories of (usually small) errors in a number of orders is making me think twice about making any large purchases.

2. johnnynorman3

johnnynorman3 Well-Known Member

It is odd to hear about these errors. But I really am not all that concerned. Even if 1 out of my 11 shirts has an error, that is not that big of a deal.

How do you know that the cuffs are incorrectly sized? Although you put down a 7.25" wrist measurement, that doesn't mean that the actual circumfrence of the fabric will be 7.25". It would actually be something closer to 8.5" or even a bit more, I'd think.

3. justbrowsing

Mea culpa, they aren't off by as much as I thought. I just measured my first shirt. My first order was with a 7" wrist and I got 7.75", which was a tad more snug than I wanted. Asking for a .25" increase got me and extra .75" though. Now I don't know if it was the first order or second order that got screwed up. Can someone measure their (barrel) cuff and let me know how much larger than the measured wrist size is correct? Thanks.

4. johnnynorman3

johnnynorman3 Well-Known Member

Let's say they both got screwed up and were exactly .25" off, in opposite directions. That makes the error seem less aggregious. [​IMG]

5. justbrowsing

I suppose +/- .25" is one way to look at it. Let me be clear - this shirt still fits far better than anything else in my closet. Every day I wear shirts that are off by a lot more in some dimension or other. I guess I'm just so happy with the fit otherwise that the cuff thing seems like a bigger problem than it really is. I really do like the shirt. [​IMG]