• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Jantzen update

norcaltransplant

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Ordered JT shirt: 4/7/2004
Shippped from HK: 4/14/2004
Arrived: 6/4/2004

I love international shipping. The quality on this one is really impeccable. I suggest using the twills and herringbones rather than the broadcloths. I've been much happier with the former.

Alias

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I've finally nailed down the perfect measurements for my body, right down to the armhole sizes and cuff widths. When Ricky gets done with my latest shirt, I'll order a bunch more.

He sure is taking his time with my order, though.

Alias

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I just told him via email that they measured such-and-such inches around, and asked if he could make the armholes higher. He obliged.

BjornH

Reaction score
I got 4 in the mail today which I ordered 26th of april. The envelope is too travelworn for me to read any dates.

They were checkers 312 and 245, stripes 256 and a oxford #1 with a button down collar. The others have P15 and french cuffs which I asked to be able to use with silk knots. I still haven't checked weather I can get them through the buttonholes this time around. Also I'm curious how the button-down collar looks as they can be terrible if done wrong.

If you are interested in those fabrics I can post pictures and comments as I took some before unfolding them.

B

water

Reaction score
I am glad I read this thread. I placed an order back in late April, my Visa card was charged on 19 May, and I am still waiting.

Normally, would not bother me all that much (beyond my usual impatience) except my previous two orders were received literally one month from the day I ordered them.

Keith T

TWAT Master.
Reaction score
I would be interested in seeing pix of the Jantzen buttowndown, Bjorn. And being a silk knot fan, I sympathize with your plight re: getting them to fit . My off-the-rack French cuff shirts have VERY small buttonholes for cufflink placement. Frustrating. If I want to wear silk knots, I usually have to get my wife to lend me a hand.

water

Reaction score
Bjorn, I would be interested in seeing how the Check 245 and Stripe 256 turned out.

BjornH

Reaction score
I'm afraid I didn't take pictures of the button down collar. When I tried it on it was not really spot on but still satisfactory. It's a bit pointy and forward and does not have a lot of 'roll'. It was in Oxford #1 and the fabric was not what I expected. It's more like a royal oxford, very soft, very thin (I will have to wear a undershirt) and will crease wildly. Not the perfect replacement for my blue oxford tent from Brooks Brothers I'm afraid. Here are the rest of the shirts. First, the check 245. Interestingly, the Jantzen website also has a picture of a shirt with this fabric. It's medium thick and very soft. I'm not sure what I'll pair it with but I'll think of something.
Jantzen6-check245Small.jpg
Here is the stripe 256 and a close-up of the fabric. It's a bit thinner than the shirt above and just a bit less soft.
Jantzen5-stipe256-8Small.jpg
Jantzen5-stripe256-3Small.jpg
Finally my favorite, checkers 312. It's a stunning shirt under a navy blazer with and without a tie. Thicker fabric than the other two and will not crease easely. Â It's already in my HOF.
Jantzen4-check312-1Small.jpg
All shirts pictured have the P15 collar. I hope this helps, B

j

(stands for Jerk)
Admin
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
First, the check 245. Interestingly, the Jantzen website also has a picture of a shirt with this fabric. It's medium thick and very soft. I'm not sure what I'll pair it with but I'll think of something.
Jantzen6-check245Small.jpg
With jeans, of course. Tucked? Untucked? Half tucked. I especially like the last one though I'm not sure I'd get much use out of it to be honest.

water

Reaction score
Bjorn, I like that Stripe 256. How is the quality of the fabric? I know you mentioned it being thinner than the first shirt pictured but does it have a nice feel overall? Are you happy with it?

Mike C.

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Ordered JT shirt: 4/7/2004
Shippped from HK: 4/14/2004
Arrived: 6/4/2004
Ughhh... at this rate I won't be able to wear the Jantzen linen shirt that I ordered. Oh well... maybe next summer.

jcusey

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
(norcaltransplant @ 06 June 2004, 9:56) Ordered JT shirt: 4/7/2004 Shippped from HK: 4/14/2004 Arrived: 6/4/2004
Ughhh... at this rate I won't be able to wear the Jantzen linen shirt that I ordered. Oh well... maybe next summer.
Patience, Grasshopper. Waiting for special-order, made-to-measure, and bespoke clothing builds character.

BjornH

Reaction score
Bjorn, I like that Stripe 256. How is the quality of the fabric? I know you mentioned it being thinner than the first shirt pictured but does it have a nice feel overall? Are you happy with it?

Well, I haven't unfolded it as I'm a lazy SOB. I keep buying shirts and I'm out of wire hangers and space so I've restricted myself to petting it. I mostly wear short sleeve sportshirts (untucked. ) these days as I'm a full-time homemaker this summer.

What I've been able to tell is that this is good fabric but not perhaps fully up to the standards of say, H&K. It's rather thin but not so that the color of your body shows through. I personally hate that - what's the use of having a thin shirt on and then have to wear a undershirt to keep it from getting a pink tint ?

As for a verdict, I like it. I'm not sure what I'll use it with but that goes for all of this batch. When I ordered I decided to spice up my collection and get a few wildcards into the collection that do not resemble the rest.

B

Keith T

TWAT Master.
Reaction score
Bjorn, thanks for posting the pix. That checkers 312 really does look like a jewel. And I like that P15 collar...too bad about the buttondown.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 38.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 88 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 38 16.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.5%

Staff online

Forum statistics