• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

James Bond Trailer SKYFALL- Tom Ford wardrobe

hugh51271

Reaction score
I thought Feinnes looked good if you're 50 years old.
The Tom Ford choice was probably an error. Could another designer done something better? Yes. But how much did Tom Ford pay to get his suits into the film?

I did like Bond's over coat though.

hugh51271

Reaction score

I'm surprised that no one has said anything about Javier Bardem's cream jacket/brown vest/brown pants combination yet (good, bad, or indifferent). I have to admit that it looked pretty strange to me, but I suppose that's the goal with Bond villian wardrobe choices.

At least he looked fairly relaxed in it, unlike Bond...
I did notice the buttons and button holes were out of synch.

jamesbond

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Disagree, I actually think the overcoat is nice on him there. Since he is going for the slim fit in all clothing aswell should the overcoat be like that. I don't think a size bigger would like nice on him (he is not that old)

Yes, the short overcoat goes perfectly with the rest of his ill fitting attire. If your going to dress lousy might as well go all the way :satisfied:

That said, it seems TF does dinner wear much better than his other offerings. Not that Craig's tux fit well in this movie but I've seen others and Craig previously well turned out .

Hampton

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yes, the short overcoat goes perfectly with the rest of his ill fitting attire. If your going to dress lousy might as well go all the way
satisfied.gif
Personal taste. I like it, you don't.

The end

L.R.

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Compare his size in CR to his size in QoS, he is visibly smaller. Also about what i said being "Total BS" I've worked with personal trainers in 3 countries none who have had contact with each other, some of whom used to compete professionally in bodybuilding who would disagree with you. Maybe if you are naturally heavier ok i can see that not working but for people with a slim frame like myself where everything is basically muscle, if you stop working out or even switch to a more cross fit type of routine you will lose size. Done it myself i switched trainers from one who was focused on putting on a lot of size to one who was more of a cross fit type of routine still working out 5 days a week and dropped from 180 down to 165. I wasn't able to bench press 300 pounds anymore and actually even had trouble doing a 1 rep 200 come to think about it , but i could do pull ups, push ups, and sit-ups like there was no tomorrow.

I use to work out heavily, weights only. I was up to 190lbs of muscle, 245+ bench, all at 5'11. I pretty much only do body weight exercises now, as that much muscle looked poor on my smaller frame. I bench 200ish now, at 170lbs, and have a much smaller body, much leaner. If I don't lift, I lose size very quickly.

Hayward

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
"Crockett & Jones Tetbury
In the Turkey actions scenes in SkyFall (2012), James Bond (Daniel Craig) wears Crockett & Jones Tetbury chukka boots. The shoes are also worn in the Shanghai scenes. The Tetbury shoes worn by Bond are made from the finest antique nubuck with Dainite rubber soles. The Tetbury is also available in dark brown, or in brown or black suede."

What is antique nubuck? Is that like reclaimed Naugahyde?

JBMarce21

Reaction score

jeff13007

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I use to work out heavily, weights only. I was up to 190lbs of muscle, 245+ bench, all at 5'11. I pretty much only do body weight exercises now, as that much muscle looked poor on my smaller frame. I bench 200ish now, at 170lbs, and have a much smaller body, much leaner. If I don't lift, I lose size very quickly.

Yes sir. That was my point exactly, but you seem to retain power better than me, i was at 315 6 reps when i was power lifting but when I'm on a body weight routine i can barely do 200 aside from being visibly smaller.

VinnyMac

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'd never watched a full James Bond movie, but a friend wanted to see it, so I saw it today. It was actually pretty good...better than I expected...nice suits and coats too.

Last edited:

othertravel

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Problem it's not a James Bond movie anymore. He doesn't use gadgets, and the women "seductions" are kept to a strict minimum. Plus he seems to be crying all the time.

Disagree; still uses gadgets and he didn't cry in skyfall. In fact, he got pissed off a few times in the movie whenever he got shot or his car blew up.

Last edited:

potemkin_city_limits

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I think Skyfall is my favorite Bond movie. I really liked Javier Bardem as Silva. He reminded me a lot of a spanish Joker and he was totally freaky as ****. Everyone here complains about Bond's suits but the reality is they weren't dressing him to impress any of you. The average joe has no idea what a properly fitting suit looks like but the current trend is having everything fitting very slim so most people who see this movie will think he looks great.

SMatthews

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
As for the gadgets, I'm surprised he didn't have any with him like he used to there's no innovation apart from the sort of personalized handgun, but there's still plenty of drama.

potemkin_city_limits

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

As for the gadgets, I'm surprised he didn't have any with him like he used to there's no innovation apart from the sort of personalized handgun, but there's still plenty of drama.

I like how they didnt give him any gadgets. I always thought it was a little bit annoying how they would introduce some weird gadget that he somehow had a specific need for but never used ever again in any other movie. Its funny how the James Bond from the novels is so different from the Bond in the movies. The new movies remind me more of the novels than the cliche movie Bond we have all gotten to know over the years. As a fan of the novels vs the films I am very happy about the direction they are taking.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 92 36.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.9%

Forum statistics

Threads