• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • The 2024 Styleforum and Epaulet Alpaca Project

For the third year in a row, we're thrilled to partner with @Epaulet to bring you an exclusive collection of luxurious sweaters, hats, jackets, and blankets in Peruvian Alpaca.

Details can be found here

The Styleforum Team.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Jacques Marie Mage - Wolves, Obnoxious Acetate and The American Dream

MickeyPunch

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
A couple of weeks ago I took a pic of my collection but didn’t post it as it didn’t come out great. There’s been a change since then, as I sold the Plaza in the forefront to @ShipItBalla, and previously I had also sold him my Dealan argyle (don’t hesitate to do business with him!).

Back to front and left to right:

Taos hickory (with light brown lenses), indigo and sunkiss.

Walker argyle, Fellini noir 7 (with grey to clear transitions), Ascari leopard (with black lenses).

Enzo noir X and Plaza beluga.

IMG_6914.jpeg

obecity

Reaction score
Use the ******* selfie stick. Stop gatekeeping stupid ****.
Yeah so no. As one of the more senior members here, the folx on this here electronic bulletin board look to me to make sure we’re all cool to each other. I know that communicating through the World Wide Web (www) leaves out contextual communication clues, but your comment comes off as rude. NOT OK! With all my respect, keep this top of mind and do better. Thanks for understanding.

P.S. If the bulletin board misinterpreted your comment that was meant as sarcasm, please disregard the above. (Please note that sarcasm posts should be labeled as such at the end with the goofy-eyed emoji (those little yellow cartoon characters) and “\sarcasm/“)

obecity

Reaction score
A couple of weeks ago I took a pic of my collection but didn’t post it as it didn’t come out great. There’s been a change since then, as I sold the Plaza in the forefront to @ShipItBalla, and previously I had also sold him my Dealan argyle (don’t hesitate to do business with him!).

Back to front and left to right:

Taos hickory (with light brown lenses), indigo and sunkiss.

Walker argyle, Fellini noir 7 (with grey to clear transitions), Ascari leopard (with black lenses).

Enzo noir X and Plaza beluga.

View attachment 2258363
I APPROVE THIS COLLECTION! Thoughtful and balanced. My favorite is the Walker in Argyle. I have the same frame. Walker was meant to be in argyle. On this there can be no debate!

MickeyPunch

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Great pic there.
Always good to see a full and varied collection - are you slowing down your acquisitions or still on the hunt for grail versions?
I’m patiently waiting for new colourways for the Ascari… as far as I know, hickory, rootbeer, argyle, whiskey… have never been used in it and I’m not sure why. For now I’m loving the leopard ones much more than I thought I would, although “lava” would be a much more fitting name as that’s what it looks like.

I’d love a smaller Hemmings but that ain’t happening.

MickeyPunch

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I APPROVE THIS COLLECTION! Thoughtful and balanced. My favorite is the Walker in Argyle. I have the same frame. Walker was meant to be in argyle. On this there can be no debate!
I was thinking of swapping the lenses to light brown as I did with my argyle Dealans… maybe that’s sacrilegous?

Thin White Duke

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I’m patiently waiting for new colourways for the Ascari… as far as I know, hickory, rootbeer, argyle, whiskey… have never been used in it and I’m not sure why. For now I’m loving the leopard ones much more than I thought I would, although “lava” would be a much more fitting name as that’s what it looks like.

I’d love a smaller Hemmings but that ain’t happening.
I once emailed JMM (that’s ‘Jacques Marie Mage’ for anyone looking in who doesn’t understand the abbreviation) to try and get some understanding from the horse’s mouth about why some frames have multiple varied colours and others only black and brown, and why some frames remain in production for years (Dealan) while others are just dropped and vanish (Fitzgerald).

As you can probably guess the answer I got was so vague it was meaningless. Similarly I asked about a certain pic ‘someone’ sent me of what looks like a Molino in lapis from a trunk show (😉) and was told there are no plans to make that frame in that colour, sometimes they do a prototype that does not go into production. Just some info worth keeping in mind in case anyone sees an unofficial pic of a grail combo and is waiting eagerly (as I was!) to see it up for sale.

Featured Sponsor

Do you coordinate your watch strap with your shoes or belt?

• Always

• Sometimes

• Never

• I don't pay attention

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Romarromar