• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Jacques Marie Mage - Wolves, Obnoxious Acetate and The American Dream

DorianGreen

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Anyone have both Hickory and London and can tell me the difference in brown in real life? (not hickory fade)
London seems more muted, and to my very untrained eye, leans slightly closer to a dark purple than the hickory

Not the best photo, and no idea where the white flecks come from (maybe my camera lens is dirty?), but here's both (london above)

They're pretty different, Hickory is a brown with orange shades and London is a muted grey with a touch of brown. No purple at all, in my eyes.

threeleggeddog

Reaction score
Anyone have both Hickory and London and can tell me the difference in brown in real life? (not hickory fade)
London has a bit of an olive brown to it in the sun and, while not opaque, certainly is less translucent than hickory. It appears almost typical medium-dark brown indoors.

Hickory is much more translucent with almost no green tone and some orange tone.

Both are good colors. London is one of the best colors for optical in my opinion and I’m surprised they don’t make more London optical frames

JessBob

Reaction score
Wow, you seem to have some "iconic" frames.

This one was completely by accident. I didn't realize they were "iconic" until at least a couple days after I bought them. A retailer just told me she thought I should try them on since they had just arrived on the shelf, I liked the way they looked, so I bought them

Still haven't watched the show they're associated with, but they're a cool color and shape

DorianGreen

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
This one was completely by accident. I didn't realize they were "iconic" until at least a couple days after I bought them. A retailer just told me she thought I should try them on since they had just arrived on the shelf, I liked the way they looked, so I bought them

Still haven't watched the show they're associated with, but they're a cool color and shape

You seem to be pretty lucky as well. ;)

JessBob

Reaction score
You seem to be pretty lucky as well. ;)

Wait til you hear about the ones I'm supposed to try on later today, if plans don't fall through... Probably not as widely coveted as when they first came out, but they apparently had their moment in the sun a few years back

Curious to check the fit to see if they should remain on my buy list or not

JessBob

Reaction score
Wait til you hear about the ones I'm supposed to try on later today, if plans don't fall through... Probably not as widely coveted as when they first came out, but they apparently had their moment in the sun a few years back

Curious to check the fit to see if they should remain on my buy list or not

This actually reminds me of a conversation I had with an authorized retailer recently. He told me he senses that there's more interest in older, long "sold-out" frames than some of the later releases that sit on his shelves for a while.

Curious if anyone has thoughts on if that's true and if so, why...?

RonF

Reaction score
This actually reminds me of a conversation I had with an authorized retailer recently. He told me he senses that there's more interest in older, long "sold-out" frames than some of the later releases that sit on his shelves for a while.

That which is unobtainable is always perceived as higher value.

DorianGreen

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I feel that some models have achieved a cult status and this is the result of a combination of different factors, such as popularity, principally derived from forums and social media, attractiveness and rarity.
Such "grail" models vary for each individual of course, but some of them seem to be highly coveted by the most collectors. Between the most sought-after gems I would put all the models in Vintage Tort, the Pasolini in all colourways, the most classic Dealans, Fellinis, Taos and Loewy/Devaux.

teddieriley

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Where is everyone buying their JMM? I’m in nyc, doesn’t seem like there is an official store
If you mean by “official” an actual JMM brand store there is none in NYC. You have to go to an authorized retailer, which includes opticians like Anthony Aiden, Atelier Mira, etc.

RowdyT

Reaction score
Just got my fourth JMM frame (Godard) and my favorite to date. Issue is comfort. The glasses look sick, but squeeze my head. I have the Julien, Jax, and Shibusawa, all of which I find super comfy. Wondering if the Godard may just be too narrow for my melon or if it's possible to adjust the super thick acetate temples? The Godard have more of a paddle shape rather than a hook/bend. Is it a lost cause or can they be adjusted? Thanks.

joseph240

Reaction score
Just got my fourth JMM frame (Godard) and my favorite to date. Issue is comfort. The glasses look sick, but squeeze my head. I have the Julien, Jax, and Shibusawa, all of which I find super comfy. Wondering if the Godard may just be too narrow for my melon or if it's possible to adjust the super thick acetate temples? The Godard have more of a paddle shape rather than a hook/bend. Is it a lost cause or can they be adjusted? Thanks.
it can be adjusted within a range. Take it to a skilled optician.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 92 36.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.9%

Forum statistics

Threads