• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Jacques Marie Mage - Wolves, Obnoxious Acetate and The American Dream

Hannibal4242

Reaction score
I suppose what I mean is, he brought back the thick acetate look and did it in his own way. Now a lot of brands are doing the same thing and probably wouldn't be doing what they are doing currently if it wasn't for JMM. I'm not sure where his inspiration came from as it was very revolutionary at the time. I'd be surprised if he just thought up a complete new way to design eyewear. There must have been influences there from brands his was working with during his Mage Design days. Still, his designs were in 2015, very different. Today it's hard to distinguish between a Chrome Hearts and a JMM frame.
I feel CH are more for Eastern Europeans with tracksuits

indigoeagle

Reaction score
Assuming you're looking at acetate models, this is where I would start:

Good for a narrow face:
Deveaux/Loewy
Zepherin 44
Kellerman (if you can find it)

Might work, worth a try:
Julien
Molino
Fellini
Dealan
Vendome

Broadly speaking, probably more narrow options with the metal frames.
Good list. I’d add Jeff and Ashcroft. I reckon I have a narrower head. Tried on Jeff but don’t own any. Ashcroft is very similar in size and style, perhaps just a little more angular in shape, and works for me!
Thank you.
Yes, looking for acetate.

I had tried the Molino on. As sunglasses it's fine.
But I'm looking for optical glasses. For that they're too wide for me.

I actually found a paif of Vendome, Havana.
From the measurements it should work.
I haven't received them yet.

I'll look at your other suggestions.

sinnedk

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
haha no we had this discussion on Golden Globe night on a different forum. if it's the same frame he was wearing then, it's Oliver Peoples though it did look like JMMs to some (my newbie eyes included). someone pointed out they were OP and another person copy/pasted the tweet that OP sent out claiming PP, Billy Eilish and others for the night

gotcha, thanks.

besides Lebron and Goldblum, whose been caught wearing JMM?

bawlin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

FlyingHorker

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I suppose what I mean is, he brought back the thick acetate look and did it in his own way. Now a lot of brands are doing the same thing and probably wouldn't be doing what they are doing currently if it wasn't for JMM. I'm not sure where his inspiration came from as it was very revolutionary at the time. I'd be surprised if he just thought up a complete new way to design eyewear. There must have been influences there from brands his was working with during his Mage Design days. Still, his designs were in 2015, very different. Today it's hard to distinguish between a Chrome Hearts and a JMM frame.
Hmm, any frames in particular that was a different design?

obecity

Reaction score
Yeah so no. I’m so happy to see this much activity on the forum, and I’ve noticed a lot of new users or users who don’t have much seniority here. It might be helpful for the new comers just give a quick introduction for those of us who have been here a while. I’m sure most would agree with me that it fosters a sense of camaraderie. Although I’m pretty well known and respected on this here electronic bulletin board, I’ll go first just to break the ice.

I’m an old guy with an age starting with a 7, and I’ve been here a long time since oh about page 400. It’s been a pretty significant part of my social life. I was lucky enough to get the vast bulk of my JMM (Jacques Marie Mage) collection done before the horrible price increases. I enjoy the brand because while they are oversized for most regular folx, they fit my face well because I have a fat/wide face. I think this a great bulletin board with some really good and helpful people, myself included. (Just watch out for one or two bullies). Anyhoo, enjoy and LOL (lots of love).

TR14

Reaction score
gotcha, thanks.

Two others that I can recall are Daniel Craig and Jason Momoa. Both a number of times. I think there’s a page on instagram of some sorts that has a bunch of notable people wearing them.

Hannibal4242

Reaction score
Yeah so no. I’m so happy to see this much activity on the forum, and I’ve noticed a lot of new users or users who don’t have much seniority here. It might be helpful for the new comers just give a quick introduction for those of us who have been here a while. I’m sure most would agree with me that it fosters a sense of camaraderie. Although I’m pretty well known and respected on this here electronic bulletin board, I’ll go first just to break the ice.

I’m an old guy with an age starting with a 7, and I’ve been here a long time since oh about page 400. It’s been a pretty significant part of my social life. I was lucky enough to get the vast bulk of my JMM (Jacques Marie Mage) collection done before the horrible price increases. I enjoy the brand because while they are oversized for most regular folx, they fit my face well because I have a fat/wide face. I think this a great bulletin board with some really good and helpful people, myself included. (Just watch out for one or two bullies). Anyhoo, enjoy and LOL (lots of love).
fair enough ... Im Hannibal NOT like Lecter more like Barca I joined around page 850 or so but been lurking all along , I like the banter here and I see lots of enthusiasm For JMM. I like sunsets Dupont lighters knifes cigars colognes ( lots of cologne) and wet shaving soaps and gear even though ive had a beard for the last 3 years

obecity

Reaction score
fair enough ... Im Hannibal NOT like Lecter more like Barca I joined around page 850 or so but been lurking all along , I like the banter here and I see lots of enthusiasm For JMM. I like sunsets Dupont lighters knifes cigars colognes ( lots of cologne) and wet shaving soaps and gear even though ive had a beard for the last 3 years
Welcome! We’re glad to have you! You’ve been posting some outstanding frames. I like your style. TBH ( to be honest), I have some beard envy.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 95 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads