• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Jacques Marie Mage - Wolves, Obnoxious Acetate and The American Dream

OccultaVexillum

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Btw did anybody here buy any of the Umit x JMM ready to wear?
There were a couple things I wanted but the price was nuts and sizes were limited. I was hoping more retailers other than Mr P would get stock since they never had my sizes available.
Just curious if anybody got anything.

threeleggeddog

Reaction score
I really like the Miglia on you. The Oatman does not look bad either, but I don't like that frame.
Yeah, I actually didn’t think either would work. Usually I’m not into these ultraboxy frames like the Miglia but this one seems to work. And the oatman, no clue why I even ordered but I kind of like them.

DorianGreen

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yeah, I actually didn’t think either would work. Usually I’m not into these ultraboxy frames like the Miglia but this one seems to work. And the oatman, no clue why I even ordered but I kind of like them.

In comparison with the Hemmings, that you also posted on Facebook, I think the Miglia looks better, although marginally smaller.

MícheálfromCDM

Reaction score
Not a fan either. I gravitate on classic colourways and can't "feel" these unconventional ones. I can understand though the wish to see something different.

Here the Montblanc Fatigue.

View attachment 2008141

View attachment 2008171
I reserve Camo for the practical purposes for which it serves: to wear on the battlefield and to family gatherings, particularly during the holidays.

Last edited:

DorianGreen

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Recent comments are evidence of what I’ve been saying for ages, which is that just a milimeter or two either way can make a massive difference. Shoes looking a little big don’t make much difference as unless you’re a dwarf you’re viewing them from five feet and more away, but sunglasses are obviously and literally at eye level and are often viewed from a distance of inches rather than feet. The exact same frame with just a small adjustment in size can look vastly different as owners of the two-size frames such as Molinos and Dealans will confirm.

And all that’s before you get to combining frame shape with face shape which is much more visceral than empirical - some just look right or wrong and it’s not always easy to describe or quantify why that is although we do try when giving advice.

I agree about this, frames differing only marginally or even having the same size can give totally different impressions and vibes.

Dealan, Molino and Fellini are all classic frames, with nearly the same size, but each of them has its own peculiarities and looks different.

verver

Reaction score
Btw did anybody here buy any of the Umit x JMM ready to wear?
There were a couple things I wanted but the price was nuts and sizes were limited. I was hoping more retailers other than Mr P would get stock since they never had my sizes available.
Just curious if anybody got anything.
I’m curious as well. Prices were ridic, but I’d wear them

DorianGreen

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
New in the optical collection, the Picabia.

Argyle.

Screenshot (695).png
Screenshot (696).png

Beige 2.

Screenshot (697).png

Pretty attractive, I'd say.

Hannibal4242

Reaction score
question , I know the edie are more female style but I really like those big bold frames... any guys actually have them and wear them?

brillopad

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 95 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 32 12.1%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.2%

Staff online

Forum statistics