• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA Japanese BDU Camo Cargo Pants Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Japanese BDU Camo Cargo Pants are now live. These cargos are based off vintage US Army BDU (Battle Dress Uniform) cargos. They're made of a premium 13.5-ounce Japanese twill that has been sulfur dyed for a vintage look. Every detail has been carried over from the inspiration and elevated. Available in two colorways, tundra and woodland. Please find them here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Jacques Marie Mage - Wolves, Obnoxious Acetate and The American Dream

FlyingHorker

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I feel validated that a lot of people find the Fellinis to be heavy and not the most comfortable.

@yunBW those thinner frames all look better as sunglasses.

The chunkier acetate would work better as opticals.

Facultyofzen

Reaction score
I feel validated that a lot of people find the Fellinis to be heavy and not the most comfortable.
I must be in the minority here because I don't find the Fellini heavy at all and I have the yellowstone sage which have a marginally heavier mineral glass lens. Maybe I'm just fortunate that these frames fit me better than other frames and I find them so comfortable that I'm about to go one step further and switch from my recently purchased Akoni RX frames to the Fellini taupe.

dmash

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Anybody want a Quentin Hickory Fade? Got one for retail + tax if interested, no mark up, in USA. Shoot me a PM if interested.

threeleggeddog

Reaction score
A bit on the fence whether to go for Aida or Challenger (transitional lens) as I received my Challenger today. Don’t like the Rover color for Challenger, will probably get Noir or Agra if I’m going for Challenger

Something feels a bit off but not sure what it is. Hope to get some inputs on both frames! Thank you
Challenger looks good as sunglasses - not as optical - at least not in rover which I don’t think is the best color for you

MícheálfromCDM

Reaction score
I do like the Nakahira a lot, but when I tried it as a clear frame it looks odd to me. Maybe I should go back and try it again or see if I do base tint for a transitional lens
In the photo you posted here, it was my favorite on your face. You appear to wear it so well! Regardless, whatever you select, enjoy!

yunBW

Reaction score
Challenger looks good as sunglasses - not as optical - at least not in rover which I don’t think is the best color for you
Yeah rover for this frame felt odd on my face. I have agar placed in order waiting to receive them before making up my mind.

yunBW

Reaction score
In the photo you posted here, it was my favorite on your face. You appear to wear it so well! Regardless, whatever you select, enjoy!
Thank you, I really enjoyed wearing it as sunglasses. Gonna have to speak with my optician to make some magic happen hopefully.

Also I loved the crystal frame you’ve posted a while back. I wish I could’ve pull off those color and style as well as you do!

MícheálfromCDM

Reaction score
Thank you, I really enjoyed wearing it as sunglasses. Gonna have to speak with my optician to make some magic happen hopefully.

Also I loved the crystal frame you’ve posted a while back. I wish I could’ve pull off those color and style as well as you do!
Thank you, you appear to do very well with the frames you post. 😃

RegisDB9

Rico Suave
Reaction score
Saw some interesting C&Gs and then…

1690993945410.png

…and I thought the JMM hammer/hatchet was tacky haha

MícheálfromCDM

Reaction score
Saw some interesting C&Gs and then…

View attachment 2001227

…and I thought the JMM hammer/hatchet was tacky haha
I saw this yesterday in an optical shop, and I nearly had a heart attack, frightened by the prospect that my time had come and the specter of death had rightly chosen a pair of frames to let me know. Then I realized that when death comes looking for me it may be through eyewear, but not likely through Cutler and Gross.

i must say that they weren’t bad frames, just not exactly my roll, and maybe a non-threatening bunny rather than the skeleton with sickle. 🤓

dmash

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I just bought a pair of GT Solar

Let’s see what the hype is all about. I liked my Jagger but felt they were a bit ‘flimsy’. Hope these are better

lsterling

Reaction score
I just bought a pair of GT Solar

Let’s see what the hype is all about. I liked my Jagger but felt they were a bit ‘flimsy’. Hope these are better
I didn't even realize there was any hype around the GT aside from its association with Andrew Tate. Not really sure why people are such big fans of human trafficking but I guess people have to have aspirations.

dmash

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I didn't even realize there was any hype around the GT aside from its association with Andrew Tate. Not really sure why people are such big fans of human trafficking but I guess people have to have aspirations.

Please don’t let this thread get derailed.

They’re obviously hyped, people were asking thousands for them (and they sold for). It’s a great style, which as I originally stated, it hopefully feels more solid than my Jagger.

lsterling

Reaction score
Please don’t let this thread get derailed.

They’re obviously hyped, people were asking thousands for them (and they sold for). It’s a great style, which as I originally stated, it hopefully feels more solid than my Jagger.
Not derailing. No one was looking for GT until he got arrested. The next week was when the WTB posts started floating around.

ETA: I'm not criticizing the frame. I'm talking about the hype for a frame no one was talking about until something happened.

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
themodernmod