• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Jacques Marie Mage - Wolves, Obnoxious Acetate and The American Dream

Roctopuss

Reaction score
Thanks everyone! BTW these (Kaine in Hickory) are for sale at Jackson Davenport in downtown Charleston for like $650, if anyone's been looking for them.

lsterling

Reaction score
Best way to clean frames for resale? Mild scuffs, etc. Is there a market for lightly used JMMs?
Polywatch and a clean rag for surface scuffs. Deeper scratches/gouges might be able to be buffed by a professional. Definitely a market for used frames.

teddieriley

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
With a number of the acetate frames, I recently picked up the Jaggers for a good price and have to say I'm a big fan. I was concerned they'd be too delicate, but they're super light, very comfortable, and a great fit. Sure you have to be careful with them, but I'm that way with my other frames anyway. Although I don't think they're $1,000 good. There's definitely room in the collection for both the chunky acetate and titanium. I'm tempted to pick up the 1962s as well. They're really similar, but probably distinct enough to justify (at least to myself).

brown2190

Reaction score
With a number of the acetate frames, I recently picked up the Jaggers for a good price and have to say I'm a big fan. I was concerned they'd be too delicate, but they're super light, very comfortable, and a great fit. Sure you have to be careful with them, but I'm that way with my other frames anyway. Although I don't think they're $1,000 good. There's definitely room in the collection for both the chunky acetate and titanium. I'm tempted to pick up the 1962s as well. They're really similar, but probably distinct enough to justify (at least to myself).
Nice! What color did you pick up for the Jagger?

The 1962 is probably my favorite JMM design, don't have the funds for it right now but it looks so unique and badass at the same time. Would make a great companion to your Jagger!

Thin White Duke

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I agree about branching out from acetate to metal. The Jaggers aren’t for me but I have titanium Comanche and they are very cool.

Kristiang

Reaction score
A little case study on what dropping 5lbs, a lens, and proper adjustment can do.

Jonathen at Gogosha Optique fit the frame’s bridge to sit lower on my nose. I think that minute adjustment helped the frame accommodate more of the cheekbone space

Featuring Marine II Rawlins with wine lenses

Attachments

• IMG_1259.jpeg
    IMG_1259.jpeg
    98.1 KB · Views: 216
  • IMG_7356.jpeg
    IMG_7356.jpeg
    82.4 KB · Views: 218

doofalb

Reaction score
Any of you guys have experience with Atelier Mira in Brooklyn? They seem to one of the few that still have the Belize in stock for MSRP. Thanks!

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 95 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 32 12.1%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads