• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Jacques Marie Mage - Wolves, Obnoxious Acetate and The American Dream

DorianGreen

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
why is such a difference in pricing ebay and grailed for example?
Ebay be like: 1500$
Grailed: 600$ for the same model / unworn

Who's buying on ebay at those prices?

It does not depend from the platform, there are also reverse example.

There are people that purposely buy frames, usually rare models, to resell them and earn good money. It was the matter of a recent discussion here. The same happens with sneakers, watches and other collector items.

Of course the seller tries to make the most possible money, but in most cases those absurd prices are negotiable.

obecity

Reaction score
Awesome! 900 pages of JMM content! Such great info here and people! I’m glad to have played a role in its success in the past, now, and in the future. Feeling thankful.

Last edited:

elisiX

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Damn 900 pages!

It’s been a while. Once I hit 10 frames I took a big break from buying and even posting. It’s been nice to catch up on the last 30 pages or so.

I missed the trunk show in Sydney today but I’m keen to see what’s new and add something else to the rotation.

For now, one of my favorites, Enzo AS in Beige, and a recent trip to Macca’s with my son in Agar.

IMG_2617.jpeg

IMG_2784.jpeg

obecity

Reaction score
Makes me wonder how you will celebrate 1000 pages.
Not sure yet, but I have some ideas already like posting a timeline of significant events that happened in the forum, a review of popular releases, a collage of popular pics, or an homage to some of the silly or humorous posts. So many options! It shouldn’t take long to get there, I’m excited say! Anyhow, back to the meat and potatoes of why we are here—JMM! Sorry for the distraction my friends!

DorianGreen

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Damn 900 pages!

It’s been a while. Once I hit 10 frames I took a big break from buying and even posting. It’s been nice to catch up on the last 30 pages or so.

I missed the trunk show in Sydney today but I’m keen to see what’s new and add something else to the rotation.

For now, one of my favorites, Enzo AS in Beige, and a recent trip to Macca’s with my son in Agar.

View attachment 1932749
View attachment 1932753

Do you have 10 Enzos?

troika

Coco the Monkey
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Really? I was just looking at one pair. I see you’re covered with Paypal protection. So it’s best to avoid then?

This is basically taking grailed out of the equation, they don't do anything. So you have to go thru PayPal to file the claim, which then takes forever to resolve.

Ebay handles things in-house and is much much faster at both customer service and refunding the money.

troika

Coco the Monkey
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I've been scammed a number of times on grailed, never on ebay.

The grailed scam, is that they'll take forever to ship or just not ship (which isn't PayPal's problem yet). PayPal first requires you to contact the buyer, then wait 10 days for them to respond, and on and on. By the time PayPal is ready to act, the money is long gone. The last time it took 4 months for me to get my money back.

obecity

Reaction score
I've been scammed a number of times on grailed, never on ebay.

The grailed scam, is that they'll take forever to ship or just not ship (which isn't PayPal's problem yet). PayPal first requires you to contact the buyer, then wait 10 days for them to respond, and on and on. By the time PayPal is ready to act, the money is long gone. The last time it took 4 months for me to get my money back.
Absolutely horrid behavior from the seller! So sorry that you had to deal with that! I can only imagine the frustration!!!!!!!

troika

Coco the Monkey
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Absolutely horrid behavior from the seller! So sorry that you had to deal with that! I can only imagine the frustration!!!!!!!

Thank you, I appreciate the sentiment.

I charge it to the game though, it's bound to happen to everyone if they're in the game long enough.

But again, my biggest warning here is that Grailed has 0 support when the transaction goes sideways. They just say to contact PayPal.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 100 36.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 98 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 34 12.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads