• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Jacques Marie Mage - Wolves, Obnoxious Acetate and The American Dream

MícheálfromCDM

Reaction score
I'm interested in automotive interiors, and the Jacques Marie Mage thread gives me the best survey of what other people are doing.
Hey, don’t knock groovy automotive interiors.

0EF16F7B-6C11-4249-9900-0AC55026CDF9.jpeg

Salad

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm the opposite of people who only post in this thread, I guess. When I started to read this thread, I thought it was completely ridiculous to spend this kind of $ on sunglasses/opticals. Now I'm calling my local stocklists trying to get an appt. to look at them in person.
It's the arrows, really. Everytime someone tries to guess how much you paid for your sunnies, you can just keep pointing to the up arrows.

Thin White Duke

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Since I’ve just dipped my feet in the water with JMM, I’m definitely leaning towards the Fellinis. Sales rep said Molinos were a best seller and a good first frame but they didn’t do much for me. Personally thought the Fellinis were a step beyond the Molinos and packed more of a punch

I liked the Rover Enzo but wasn’t quite sure if I could pull off the size. Glad it got the stamp from some of y’all. Definitely my favorite out of the larger frames to look at (closely followed by the Taos)

Also I appreciate the advice/comment about proportions. It’s a great suggestion and definitely something I’ll have to give a shot at soon. The way the rest of my outfit interacts could push the boundaries of what eyewear I can get away with.
Which shop in FL were you at?

SimModa

Reaction score
Which shop in FL were you at?
EB on Las Olas. Not a big selection but they had a some interesting colors (Rover, Platinum, Hickory) as well a few more frames (Enzo, Taos, Torino) that I did not see when first visited last month. Still mostly frames like Dealan & Molino in Noir and Havana variations. Would've been cool to see what Royal or EBs supposed exclusive Marine 2 is like.

Stopped by 1269 in Miami yesterday which had a few more models and colors.

g transistor

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I’ve mentioned this before but this time I wanted to share some photos. Polywatch and a microfiber cloth is great for getting out those surface scratches and scuffs. I’ve been wearing my hickory Sturges a lot for the past month (honestly high up there on my favorite shapes) and when setting them down the bottoms get scuffed up. This is from only a minute of buffing.

check your frames: because many of the online shops also double as in-person optical stores, you’ll often get JMMs that have been sitting in a case or handled a lot. I’ve gotten plenty of frames with scuffing on the bottom/arms and this cleans them right up and restores the shine. It will not help with gouges.

before:
1BD840DC-2ADC-4306-9222-B4D3FF937D89.jpeg

after:
A9EECD40-703A-4970-B474-9F2170998A35.jpeg

Thin White Duke

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
EB on Las Olas. Not a big selection but they had a some interesting colors (Rover, Platinum, Hickory) as well a few more frames (Enzo, Taos, Torino) that I did not see when first visited last month. Still mostly frames like Dealan & Molino in Noir and Havana variations. Would've been cool to see what Royal or EBs supposed exclusive Marine 2 is like.

Stopped by 1269 in Miami yesterday which had a few more models and colors.
Yeah I’ve been to that shop.
JMM collections are always a bit hit or miss in the shops. Try also EB In Glades Mall and Aventura Mall. There’s another independent in Aventura Mall about halfway up to EB on the left called Designer Eyes that has a few JMM in too.

I’ve said on here before … I was really excited by the EB X JMM in Royal and managed to try a pair on but the alleged ‘Royal’ blue is barely distinguishable from black so it was a hard pass from me. Very disappointed. Same for the ‘marine’ colour and another - was it ISS or something? - they’re all very dark navy - almost black.

Last edited:

Najnar

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Joining the party, decided to walk in both sides of the street with the ichigawa in Havana and Clark in noir - opposite vibes but love them both. Optical lenses in both - next stop - sunglasses!

I think the Clarks look great on you.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 96 38.1%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 28 11.1%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads