• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Jacques Marie Mage - Wolves, Obnoxious Acetate and The American Dream

jerozzo

Reaction score
Man they’re really nice…do you buy multiple colors in the same frames? I’d like to get a Hickory color frame but I already own a Kaine in Platinum…for some reason I like to get different colors in different frames
Yes, but this kaine is the first.
I have 3 Torino, 3 molino, 3 dealan, 2 enzo, 2 Fellini, 3 Pasolini, 2 borodino, 2 sandro, 2 taos and more single models

jerozzo

Reaction score
Any pics of you wearing the Laramie?
Sure
449527C1-71A1-4895-80BA-2971A69C98E4.jpeg

OccultaVexillum

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Yes, but this kaine is the first.
I have 3 Torino, 3 molino, 3 dealan, 2 enzo, 2 Fellini, 3 Pasolini, 2 borodino, 2 sandro, 2 taos and more single models

do you have any interest in clothes or just eyewear?
I’m not trying to take shots or anything, I’m just getting the impression there are a number of people in this thread that have no interest in clothes/fashion outside of JMM

MícheálfromCDM

Reaction score
do you have any interest in clothes or just eyewear?
I’m not trying to take shots or anything, I’m just getting the impression there are a number of people in this thread that have no interest in clothes/fashion outside of JMM
Is this directed to all those on this thread, or specifically to jerozzo?

OccultaVexillum

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
To anybody in this thread I suppose.

This is one of the few threads I go to where I don't recognize the majority of the users, I guess it could have a lot of people from the CM side but it also just seems like theres a lot eyewear or even JMM-specific posters.

Facultyofzen

Reaction score
To anybody in this thread I suppose.

This is one of the few threads I go to where I don't recognize the majority of the users, I guess it could have a lot of people from the CM side but it also just seems like theres a lot eyewear or even JMM-specific posters.

Well I'm not afraid to admit that I am certainly no fashionista by any means, but do like to dress a neat casual style, the jeans/tee/shirt trainers type of guy with a little jewelry added. I normally reside in Thailand so jackets/overcoats etc in that climate are just a big no no for me. Big brands in clothing are really of no interest so long as my attire is comfortable, neat and clean looking, I'd prefer to spend money on other things.

As for the eyewear side of things, I've been heavily into luxury brands for a good 20 years now and it just so happens that my excessive use of google brought me to this specific forum, and this forum only. Eyewear is my main interest and the rest is more or less irrelevant to my needs because if I am honest, I don't follow trends much at all.

MícheálfromCDM

Reaction score
I stumbled upon this blog during the summer, and it took me a while to post, as I wanted to familiarize myself with it, and its various threads. This particular thread was the one I initially landed upon, because I had been looking into the JMM brand.

I do have a great interest in clothing design, as I do in design overall: architecture, interior, landscape, automotive, etc. In fact, I am a commercial and residential interior designer, with (oddly enough) a PhD in political science, which I mention to demonstrate that I have a great many varied interests. I love literature, art, theater and sports.

My intrigue in the JMM site has been the enthusiasm concerning eyewear, which has a firm focus on this brand. I can speak about George Cortina, Nick Wooster, Ougi Thedore, Tom Browne, Tim Ford, etc etc etc for days, as I can about fashion trends, but I have never found a place as rich with others who have expressed the passion for eyewear that I have. Furthermore, there is a compradore that is infectious here.

Like a few others on this thread, I enjoy a number of eyewear brands and designers, among them JMM. I have a rather large and varied eyewear collection, and the day I was told I needed to wear glasses daily was a very happy day for me…seriously! But here, I actually try to edit my comments so that they are reflective of JMM for the most part, because I believed, perhaps mistakenly, that this was the preferred focus of this thread.

I must say that I have enjoyed reading the insights of various contributors here concerning eyewear, fashion and how they dovetail. I have also appreciated the professionally shot photos, as well as the selfies and the individualism that those pictures offer. I still feel very new here, but I already appreciate the others on the thread, who share so freely.

I also look forward to exploring and contributing to other threads on this blog. My mother and aunt have had a terrible time during this pandemic, and they have required much greater attention from me, I run a business, and I coach some professional players in a weird but fun sport, so all I lack is time. Hopefully, Fall and Winter will provide that needed respite to be more fully active in a blog I have come to check daily, just as I do The NY Times.

That’s my story.

OccultaVexillum

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
But here, I actually try to edit my comments so that they are reflective of JMM for the most part, because I believed, perhaps mistakenly, that this was the preferred focus of this thread.

You are welcome to talk about anything you want, that's not what I meant at all so please don't misunderstand that.
I just asked the question for my own curiosity mostly because this thread seems to be kind of an outlier; it's about a singular designer that makes a singular item and most posters seem to be primarily, or completely, active in this thread and nowhere else on SF.

MícheálfromCDM

Reaction score
“You are welcome to talk about anything you want, that's not what I meant at all so please don't misunderstand that.”

I didn’t believe that’s what you meant. ??

“ this thread seems to be kind of an outlier; it's about a singular designer that makes a singular item and most posters seem to be primarily, or completely, active in this thread and nowhere else on SF.”

That would include me, but again only due to time constraints as of late, not a lack of interest clothing design. There is likely a myriad of reasons why others appear active on this board, while not so on others.

I think FacultyofZen’s reply was so insightful: weather in the region in whch he spends most of his time precludes him from wearing attire that one might enjoy seeing n other regions.

Yet another revelation that enriches the conversation. In fact, your initiating this conversation enlivens things—well, to me at least.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 104 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 103 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 36 12.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 46 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 14.5%

Forum statistics

Threads