• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • LuxeSwap Auctions will be ending soon!

LuxeSwap is the original consignor for Styleforum, and has weekly auctions that show the diversity of our community, with hundreds lof starting at $0.99 every week, ending starting at 5:30 Eastern Time. Please take the time to check them out here. You may find something that fits your wardrobe exactly

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Jacques Marie Mage - Wolves, Obnoxious Acetate and The American Dream

vanmosh

Reaction score
Local to NYC, I'd like to go try on as many different pairs as possible.. does anyone have a list of stores (even Brooklyn too) that stocks JMM? Planning on dedicating a Saturday to bounce around to all of them. I used the store finder on the JMM site, but some of them don't make sense? It looks like several of the stores listed only sell their own house made frames. Thanks in advance!

Outside of Atelier Mira, I don’t think they showcase what they have in stock online. I’ve found Mira to have the most selection of frames. Odds are if you want to see multiple pairs, you’re going to hit a handful of boutiques. I would recommend heading to SoHo, starting at Morganthal Frederics, and then working your way east to Selima Optical, Anne + Valentine, and then up to Anthony Aiden in the East Village.

If you’re just looking for a particular set of frames, would also call ahead to see if they have them in stock.

oudwood

Reaction score
Outside of Atelier Mira, I don’t think they showcase what they have in stock online. I’ve found Mira to have the most selection of frames. Odds are if you want to see multiple pairs, you’re going to hit a handful of boutiques. I would recommend heading to SoHo, starting at Morganthal Frederics, and then working your way east to Selima Optical, Anne + Valentine, and then up to Anthony Aiden in the East Village.

If you’re just looking for a particular set of frames, would also call ahead to see if they have them in stock.

Awesome, thank you for the recommendations!! I'll be hitting them this week for sure. A JMM crawl sounds like a good use for a Saturday!

swf999

Reaction score
Got the word, the Saburo which I pre-ordered in last Dec is on it's way for delivery.

My guess would be JMM may be releasing it quietly in their optical section soon. As of now I didn't see any references of Saburo on their website.

threeleggeddog

Reaction score
Got the word, the Saburo which I pre-ordered in last Dec is on it's way for delivery.

My guess would be JMM may be releasing it quietly in their optical section soon. As of now I didn't see any references of Saburo on their website.
Wondering if they already sold out of it or something in pre-orders. Do you know the dimensions of the frame?

swf999

Reaction score
Wondering if they already sold out of it or something in pre-orders. Do you know the dimensions of the frame?
This was in trunk show. Took 7 months delay. I didn't take the dimensions that time. But I am surprised that they are sending it out before releasing it officially. I doubt it that it is sold out as this was only shown at trunk shows.
Once I get in hands will post dimensions.

flipstah

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks all for contributing to this thread. Love reading and learning about this since successionfashion exposed me to this brand.

Hopefully I can get a pair in the future, but will definitely live vicariously through all of you especially @troika

flipstah

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Bingo. With how expenses lenses are, why skimp on the frames.
As a fellow regular four-eyes, frames are as critical as the lenses. My lenses with blue tint and my prescription runs for $700 a pair so need a reliable set of frames to hold them without going to the optometrist on the regular fixing sh*t

ctofashion

Reaction score
Duke x Diamond Ranch are here:

968610D5-1699-416C-82CF-2BD2FBFAFE35.jpeg

511CC197-DB93-451C-955C-288325DABEAD.jpeg

073FFF2F-829C-4333-A2A2-F7CA1124C904.jpeg

RegisDB9

Rico Suave
Reaction score
I don’t know what just happened but as a Braves fan I’d love some tomahawk pins

Billy Ray Valentine

Reaction score
Two new Ashcroft colors coming real soon if you were holding out... A Charcoal color but glossy instead of matte with Silver hardware and purple gradient lenses 😍 and a tortoise color.

Thin White Duke

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Two new Ashcroft colors coming real soon if you were holding out... A Charcoal color but glossy instead of matte with Silver hardware and purple gradient lenses 😍 and a tortoise color.
Now that first one sounds interesting. May compete for attention with my grey Juliens with purple lenses. What’s your source for this rumour and how reliable is it? Any idea when they’ll be available at retail?

Isn’t it a bit weird how some styles are seen at trunk shows and pre-orders seem to take months to materialise while other styles just pop up out of nowhere for immediate purchase?

FlowableFill

Supporting Member
Reaction score
A hinge screw came out of my wife's pair of Nokonas. JMM says they use a proprietary screw and is asking $70 plus shipping for repairs. Has anyone run into this problem? They definitely don't use a standard eyeglass hinge screw, it has a hex head on it. $70 is excessive for a single screw. I'm going to stop by my optician and see what they say. Maybe watch repair shop has the screw I need.

teddieriley

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
A hinge screw came out of my wife's pair of Nokonas. JMM says they use a proprietary screw and is asking $70 plus shipping for repairs. Has anyone run into this problem? They definitely don't use a standard eyeglass hinge screw, it has a hex head on it. $70 is excessive for a single screw. I'm going to stop by my optician and see what they say. Maybe watch repair shop has the screw I need.
Are you still in the one year warranty period? If so let them know as it should be a free fix.

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member