• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • LuxeSwap Auctions will be ending soon!

LuxeSwap is the original consignor for Styleforum, and has weekly auctions that show the diversity of our community, with hundreds lof starting at $0.99 every week, ending starting at 5:30 Eastern Time. Please take the time to check them out here. You may find something that fits your wardrobe exactly

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Jacques Marie Mage - Wolves, Obnoxious Acetate and The American Dream

ColdinMN

Reaction score
Edited: The frames worn by Austin Butler are probably Molino 51s. I really don’t know.

Not sure about the color but those frames could be Molino 55s. That actor wore the Walker frame for some of the JMM promotions. Here’s a side by side of the Walker and Molino 55.
A31B4A94-FDDB-41F7-9D25-61752CDD3F09.jpeg

Also, here are a few pics of my current choices for optical frames.

Plaza Agar. I need to get this frame.
63B088C7-AA58-4994-97EE-AF494ABBFF6A.jpeg

Shibusawa Noir. A new frame, ordered from a trunk show last month, release probably sometime this fall. A little smaller than the Molino.
C439334A-7043-44A5-AAD8-2AD21A254C3A.jpeg

Last frame is the Moscova in Havana. Another new frame, unsure of release date.
57D8EB5C-2043-41FF-AAC2-243FB49F7B7D.jpeg

They’re all a little boring for JMM, but I like that.

Last edited:

Pureneat

Reaction score
Not sure about the color but those frames could be Molino 55s. That actor wore the Walker frame for some of the JMM promotions. Here’s a side by side of the Walker and Molino 55.
View attachment 1976107

View attachment 1976109

Shibusawa Noir. A new frame, ordered from a trunk show last month, release probably sometime this fall. A little smaller than the Molino.
View attachment 1976111

View attachment 1976113

I’m a boring bastid too…… and I like these two frames, so if anyone’s got any more info on them please do tell……The Shibusawa is exactly
what I’m looking for. Thanks for posting

troika

Coco the Monkey
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Also, Fellinis ended up being one of the hardest frames to fit on my nose. They were slightly too large on the bridge compared to the Dealans, and the entire weight would rest on the bony top part.

I didn't know that opticians could also curve the acetate nose pads inward. The other thing my optician did was curve the frame inwards. Not sure how else to describe it, but it worked.

I'm not sure if you already explored this option...you may want to consider building up the nose pieces through a company like SB Specs. It seems like they do a really good job and would help with some of the fit issues you may be experiencing.

D32169

Reaction score
Edited: The frames worn by Austin Butler are probably Molino 51s. I really don’t know.

View attachment 1976107

View attachment 1976109

View attachment 1976111

View attachment 1976113

Last edited:

DorianGreen

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
That arrowhead trademark to show you bought sunglasses for 800$? 😂 So basically anything that doesn't scream or is different, you b*tch about that because people won't notice you spent 800$? 🤣 So sorry for your life mate!

You don't need to be sorry for me, you totally misunderstood my words.

I don't care at all for someone spotting my JMM frames, on the contrary, I would feel embarassed to admit having spent a lot of money on futile sunglasses.

My point is that the arrowhead pins belong to the JMM aesthetics and something else looks odd and out of place.

swf999

Reaction score
You don't need to be sorry for me, you totally misunderstood my words.

I don't care at all for someone spotting my JMM frames, on the contrary, I would feel embarassed to admit having spent a lot of money on futile sunglasses.

My point is that the arrowhead pins belong to the JMM aesthetics and something else looks odd and out of place.
Nah mate, you are delusional. I didn't misunderstand your words.

Pins are not for aesthetics but rather they have function in high end spectacles to hold the hinges for increased support than just sticking the temples inside.

Sure they made it to look bit pretty but what you are saying is making some **** up. If JMM wanted they could have slap a brand name outside on temples. Being subtle by various ways is better. You are just ranting on sh*t which didn't matter.

I concur with @OccultaVexillum that most of your posts are so daft. Feels like you get up and first thing you do is write some drivel which doesn't even matter. 😂

I am such a weasley little pillock.

Last edited by a moderator:

FlyingHorker

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm not sure if you already explored this option...you may want to consider building up the nose pieces through a company like SB Specs. It seems like they do a really good job and would help with some of the fit issues you may be experiencing.
Yeah I looked into it back with my Schindlers.

From what I got from SB Specs, I had a "textbook" fit on the nose, but it still never felt right to me. I was given the recommendation to go back to my local optician for more subtle adjustments, and it did work.

I think build up nose pieces are more for people where JMMs are clearly too big for the nose bridge and completely falling off the person's nose.

My Rx is bad and this makes for very heavy lenses, so subtle differences have a big impact on the fit of my frames.

The Fellinis are good now, but they're probably my heaviest frame and required a tonne of adjustments on the arms, nose pads, and the entire frame itself.

kylepw

Reaction score
"Small face" guy here with trouble finding sunglasses. Bought JMM Zephirin 44s but noticed they sit higher than my other frames. Is this the design or perhaps bridge a bit too narrow? As far as fit/comfort, they feel great all day.
PXL_20230616_195020515.jpg

oudwood

Reaction score
Hey everyone, brand new here and brand new to the brand. Was introduced via Succession.. haha. I've since tried on a few pairs while on a trip to Seattle. Right now I'm between the Plaza Beluga (or Agar) and the Kane in Agar. Both frames are great, but I've only tried on the Plazas so far. Does anyone happen to have both frames for comparison purposes? Would love to hear from you! Thanks!

kylepw

Reaction score
does anyone have the zephirin 44 that could post a fit pic? it’s nearly impossible to find a normal human being wearing them online. only studio pictures that are taken far off or too close up to decipher how they compliment the face. i was interested in the newest version yellowstone III but the measurement for just the bridge is larger, makes me think it’ll fit goofy. i don’t get why they didn’t just keep the original 44 measurements.
Late to party but just posted.

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member