• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Jacques Marie Mage - Wolves, Obnoxious Acetate and The American Dream

Hanto

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It’s the thiccness of the acetate I’m concerned about and the bubbling. I’m thinking using hot sand should be better to make it more malleable.
If it helps, the frames I had adjusted were a Fellini and a Jax. The Fellini was done by the non JMM dealer and they were fine.

Hanto

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I've gone for the Enzo in Eclipse. Will see what they look like in hand.

Managed to get MatchesFashion to apply a 15% referral code, which is normally for first time customers, so is just under US retail, which is great for me in the UK. :)

Edit: Turns out they are not the eclipse! Can anyone ID these? Can't find them anywhere! Unless it's the reserve in very dark light?

Is it the pair you have Peter/@UrbanComposition ?

Last edited:

mrf

Reaction score

Managed to get MatchesFashion to apply a 15% referral code, which is normally for first time customers, so is just under US retail, which is great for me in the UK. :)

Edit: Turns out they are not the eclipse! Can anyone ID these? Can't find them anywhere! Unless it's the reserve in very dark light?

what made you say it's not the eclipse? the product code in the description (JMMEZ6C) matches eclipse and it looks like eclipse to me.

Hanto

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
what made you say it's not the eclipse? the product code in the description (JMMEZ6C) matches eclipse and it looks like eclipse to me.
Oh does it. I'm not sure tbh. Its the gold screws on the temples, but it could be the light on the JMM site. Where did you see the code JMMEZ6C on the JMM site?

teddieriley

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Oh does it. I'm not sure tbh. Its the gold screws on the temples, but it could be the light on the JMM site. Where did you see the code JMMEZ6C on the JMM site?
Even though the website description says brown, those definitely look black, and there are no straight brown Enzo frames. Besides, I picked the eclipse Enzos directly from JMM and these look exactly the same, even to how the temple wiring isn’t perfectly parallel with the temple itself. I wonder why it’s off like that. Someone else has called JMM out on that. I don’t think it’s the thiccness of the temple acetate as they managed to get it straight on the Walkers, which is also thicc. But minor issue with me.

And damn I could have saved $50 through Matches! But no bother. I’ve had so far returned all frames I bought from JMM and felt the need to order and keep at least one pair!

Last edited:

Hanto

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Even though the website description says brown, those definitely look black, and there are no straight brown Enzo frames. Besides, I picked the eclipse Enzos directly from JMM and these look exactly the same, even to how the temple wiring isn’t perfectly parallel with the temple itself. I wonder why it’s off like that. Someone else has called JMM out on that. I don’t think it’s the thiccness of the temple acetate as they managed to get it straight on the Walkers, which is also thicc. But minor issue with me.

And damn I could have saved $50 through Matches! But no bother. I’ve had so far returned all frames I bought from JMM and felt the need to order and keep at least one pair!
Perfect thanks for clarifying. That's what I thought I have never seen a solid brown version.

The eclipse is what I wanted to try! Temple wiring doesn't bother me either. I have found it cheaper in Italy but I know I'll get stung with import fees and this is hassle free. Plus to get it in the UK is easier.

mhip

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
yea it would be the nicest lens whatever they offer, I won't split hairs over $20, just wanted to know
Yeah, me neither...
The bonus is that this guy has drivers, and will pick up your frames at your house for free.
You have to be in a finite area within SoCal though.

sinnedk

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

So JMM has Eclipse and Shadow which look identical, I bought the shadow cuz my molino are shadow but both myself and the associated at the optometrist couldn't tell the diff. Honestly doesn't matter IMO since they look same.

hobojones

Reaction score
Yeah, me neither...
The bonus is that this guy has drivers, and will pick up your frames at your house for free.
You have to be in a finite area within SoCal though.
Could you pm me info for this guy? I live in LA and was gonna get prescription sunglasses made soon anyway

mrf

Reaction score
Besides, I picked the eclipse Enzos directly from JMM and these look exactly the same, even to how the temple wiring isn’t perfectly parallel with the temple itself. I wonder why it’s off like that. Someone else has called JMM out on that. I don’t think it’s the thiccness of the temple acetate as they managed to get it straight on the Walkers, which is also thicc. But minor issue with me.

I think the reason it's not parallel is due to the fundamental design of being thick. Enzos are definitely thicker than the Walkers and thick enough for when the temple tapers out towards the top, the wiring starting from the middle of the thick section has to be at an angle otherwise it won't meet it (see below, minor parallax error). Another example is the Alatabani.
Screenshot 2021-07-19 at 22.37.09.png

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 103 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 102 36.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 36 12.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 46 16.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 14.6%

Forum statistics

Threads