• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • Thanks John Elliott!

Styleforum was one of the first digital communities to embrace John Elliott, and in recognition of that, John Elliott has extended to our comunuty a monthly discount to fans of the brand who engage here. Simply enter the code for SF-OCT-15

Check out all of their new arrivals here

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Jacques Marie Mage - Wolves, Obnoxious Acetate and The American Dream

MickeyPunch

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have the Fellini Noir 7 and had the Plaza Beluga and I don’t think the former is any bolder than the latter. Neither in terms of size and shape nor in lens colour. Actually if anything non-black lenses are bolder, although the red in the belugas is quite muted.

Enzos however are definitely a step up in terms of boldness, due to bigger size.

pb1338

Reaction score
Hello guys,

After a first pair of Plaza in Beluga that I love, I am looking for something perhaps a bit more bold in full black (lenses + frame).
I think I am eyeing 2 JMM classics : Fellini or Enzo. Which one would you recommend ?
Also, I am trying to locate some in Europe in full black but damn, can't find anything. If you have any lead or tips, that would be usefull.

Have a great day
molino slate and union panther could be options too

Last edited:

obecity

Reaction score
In the 70s I wore vintage Hawaiian shirts, western shirts and t shirts, boot cut Levis and leather jackets. Pretty much the same thing I wear now
Ok. Now just hear me out on this. I think style comes down to the person wearing it. If a feller has the confidence and form, he can pull off any style, including the 1970s. Perhaps the only exception is the late 80s/early 90s. For the young whipper snappers, that’s when yuuuuge shoulder pads were alpha.

RegisDB9

Rico Suave
Reaction score
Any of you guys have any frames in Birch and could post a pic? Very interested in how the color looks in real life

IronRinn

Reaction score
I would really like to hear from someone who has seen them up close and personal for another opinion. Maybe I'm très gauche. However I just don't think they're that bad. There are other options on the frames.
Mine are coming in tomorrow, so I'll drop my thoughts here. If anyone is interested and has any particular requests as far as photos go, let me know and I'll try to snap some.

Sandman3769

Reaction score
Thanks, looks perfect to what I am looking for.
On the site, the lenses of the model looks full black (that’s what i am looking for), while on some other site this Noir model seems to have dark red lenses. Any idea how could I 100% be sure that the lenses are black and not red ?
Thanks
The Noir 7 has the tortoise accents on the temples, and the lenses are black in appearance. This is the one on the 1269 site and the Japanese site.

The Noir X has the wood grain accents on the temples and the lenses are more of a brown lens. That is the one on the SM16 site. I know the link says Noir 7, but on the actual site it says Noir X.

uberval

Reaction score
The Noir 7 has the tortoise accents on the temples, and the lenses are black in appearance. This is the one on the 1269 site and the Japanese site.

The Noir X has the wood grain accents on the temples and the lenses are more of a brown lens. That is the one on the SM16 site. I know the link says Noir 7, but on the actual site it says Noir X.
You are right.
I contacted them and it is indeed a noir X. I think I will just switch the lenses to a black one and it would basically be a Noir 7…

Facultyofzen

Reaction score
It is not unfortunately. It is a noir X. It’s an error from their site…
It's wrong on the SM16 site, not 1269, unless of course 1269 have confirmed to you that the photos on their site are incorrect and they're in fact Noir X. They are very professional and rarely make this kind of mistake. Both sites I posted links for have the same code JMMEZ7A which is Noir 7.

Attachments

• c7111a98e59f3f28a3ad9eb3fce9f4d3.jpg
    c7111a98e59f3f28a3ad9eb3fce9f4d3.jpg
    56.3 KB · Views: 10
  • Screenshot 2024-10-16 at 12.55.05 PM.png
    Screenshot 2024-10-16 at 12.55.05 PM.png
    353.4 KB · Views: 23

uberval

Reaction score
It's wrong on the SM16 site, not 1269, unless of course 1269 have confirmed to you that the photos on their site are incorrect and they're in fact Noir X. They are very professional and rarely make this kind of mistake. Both sites I posted links for have the same code JMMEZ7A which is Noir 7.
Yes I contacted them by phone yesterday and he confirmed that it was actually a Noir X.
But what you are saying is very interesting now it’s time to confirm SM16.
Besides the URL link on SM16, how did you know that it’s not a Noir X on SM16 but a 7 on SM16?

Facultyofzen

Reaction score
Yes I contacted them by phone yesterday and he confirmed that it was actually a Noir X.
But what you are saying is very interesting now it’s time to confirm SM16.
Besides the URL link on SM16, how did you know that it’s not a Noir X on SM16 but a 7 on SM16?
OK a slight misunderstanding as I thought it was SM16 that you contacted for confirmation.

It's only wrong on SM16 in the sense that the URL says Noir 7 (as you mentioned), yet the product detail states Noir X and the photos are correct. This is why I was steering you towards 1269 as I thought they were Noir 7 with the dark grey lenses – which ideally I think you prefer – but we now know they are not Noir 7.

Best of luck with your hunt, it can be a fun experience when we finally find that desired frame.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2024-10-16 at 1.32.42 PM.png
    Screenshot 2024-10-16 at 1.32.42 PM.png
    537.2 KB · Views: 30

Featured Sponsor

Do you coordinate your watch strap with your shoes or belt?

• Always

• Sometimes

• Never

• I don't pay attention

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
legality