• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • The Uniform/LA Lennon Loose Fit jeans drop is now live! Check out both the light Palms and dark Lithium Both are made from premium Japanese right hand 3x1 denim in the USA,. Uniform/LA is know for premium materials and meticulous pattern making. Support a small business built on quality and integrity.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Jacques Marie Mage - Wolves, Obnoxious Acetate and The American Dream

Thin White Duke

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Who’s the lad who has like fifteen pairs of Enzos or something?

As my collection started growing I set myself the rule that I’d never repeat the same frame or colour. Famous last words, I now have six Dealans and have lapis on order. It’s not even my favourite frame shape but they keep on putting them out in such tasty colours!

DorianGreen

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
What’s the general consensus on having doubles or multiples of the same frame in different colors? Yay or nay?

For me it's a clear yes, if you like a frame and it fits you, there's no reason for not getting different colourways.

I have 4 pairs of Fellini, 2 of Dealan, 3 of Ichikawa, 3 of Enzo, 2 of Kobo, 2 of Union, 2 of Aldo, 2 of Sandro.

Last edited:

DorianGreen

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
A guy in the Facebook group has probably almost any version of the Enzo (I don't see Dahlia and Lapis though), as well as an incredible collection.

428628668_10168471560940052_3700180190952907133_n (1).jpg

threeleggeddog

Reaction score
what does everyone think of the gt-r being announced next year? To me they look a bit like overdone, almost now douchy cliche, dita designs - kind of unimpressed that this is where they went with a new edition of such a popular frame.

DorianGreen

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
what does everyone think of the gt-r being announced next year? To me they look a bit like overdone, almost now douchy cliche, dita designs - kind of unimpressed that this is where they went with a new edition of such a popular frame.

As I always said, I'm an acetate guy, so I'll probably pass on them, but, honestly, they look pretty good, both in Rover and Reserve.

Screenshot (2201).png

Last edited:

obecity

Reaction score
I’ve been thinking a lot about these frames, right. I think the color schemes are pushing them into the land of douchebaggery. If they just tone the colors, right, it would be a great frame. I’m going to wait for some more subdued color schemes for now. JMTCWIYDMTI.

obecity

Reaction score
Who’s the lad who has like fifteen pairs of Enzos or something?

As my collection started growing I set myself the rule that I’d never repeat the same frame or colour. Famous last words, I now have six Dealans and have lapis on order. It’s not even my favourite frame shape but they keep on putting them out in such tasty colours!
That feller you’re referring to seems only to be active on that FB (Facebook) page. I don’t think he’s active around these parts. I really think we’re the hardcore fans here, right. That FB page seems overly moderated, right, to allow only perfect praise. I’m too real for that.

MickeyPunch

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Indigo is a very nice colour, even if it looks black in most lighting conditions. ****** pic below.

Looks like they went for tonal lenses in the classic looking models (Dealan, Enzo, Torino, Hemmings) and pink ones in the funkier frames (Taos, Ascari, Devaux). I def prefer pink.

And yesterday I came across only the second JMM glasses in the wild, I saw a guy with a hickory frame, possibly vendome but only saw it sideways.
IMG_6739.jpeg

thewodg

Reaction score
Indigo is a very nice colour, even if it looks black in most lighting conditions. ****** pic below.

Looks like they went for tonal lenses in the classic looking models (Dealan, Enzo, Torino, Hemmings) and pink ones in the funkier frames (Taos, Ascari, Devaux). I def prefer pink.

And yesterday I came across only the second JMM glasses in the wild, I saw a guy with a hickory frame, possibly vendome but only saw it sideways. View attachment 2239753

Trying to resist the urge to pick up these very frames right now. Have Molino and Torino, maybe it's time for something funkier.

Featured Sponsor

Do you coordinate your watch strap with your shoes or belt?

• Always

• Sometimes

• Never

• I don't pay attention

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
feanorares