• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

J Crew S/S 09 Discussion

mulansauce

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
They aren't the same--they have different fabric and detailing; I just thought the cut was the same or at least very similar. I honestly wasn't scrutinizing them, so it's possible they weren't quite as slim as the urbans at the leg opening or thigh. They definitely were slimmer than the classic fit though, and the difference between the classic and the slim urban isn't too extreme.
Originally Posted by raginberriodoom
mulansauce, what jacket are you wearing?
Baracuta g9 slim-fit

sazon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by raginberriodoom
How do you get a red card? Do you have to sign up for a J Crew credit card?

From what I've read, some people who don't have JC credit cards have rec'd the red cards. I myself do have the JC credit card.

Not sure the logic on who gets them. Maybe its based on how much you spend?

It's the second time they have sent the red cards...first time was back in Nov/Dec.

constant struggle

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
hittin up jah crue tonight
my mom got me a 3 tees and 2 polos for my bday, except she got them all a size big, time to downsize might trade a polo for a gigham

jaydc7

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by sazon
From what I've read, some people who don't have JC credit cards have rec'd the red cards. I myself do have the JC credit card.

Not sure the logic on who gets them. Maybe its based on how much you spend?

It's the second time they have sent the red cards...first time was back in Nov/Dec.

I don't have a CC and I got the red card. I got the last one too. Not sure if I'll find anything to spend it on this time...

Robert

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by jaydc7
I don't have a CC and I got the red card. I got the last one too. Not sure if I'll find anything to spend it on this time...

Send it to me then.

tonio028

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by hi-val
In their catalog, they also list a size as "urban slim" which is supposed to be slimmer than "classic" cut. I don't know if it's on their website but it may be worth giving them a call about.

I tried the urban slim in store and I wasn't a fan of the fit on me and my body type. It got too skinny from the knees down, moreso than I prefer on a chino, especially for the work place.

On another note, I did call customer service regarding some sizing info on the Slim Fit Lightweight Chino in a size 29x32 and a 30x30. Here's what I got (waist, thigh, leg opening):

29x32 - 15.75", 12.1", 7.1"
30x30 - 16.25", 12.4", 7.25"

If only J.Crew would slim down the damn thighs on their chinos, I'd be eating them up like termites on wood!! I wish they got the notion that "slim" doesn't just happen from the knee down.

captainmo

Reaction score
Apparently they started their 'spring sale' today. It looks like a lot of leftovers from their final sale and maybe a few new things.

hi-val

Reaction score
Yeah, saw Spring Sale today. How are their suits? They're about $365 right now and I'm thinking of gunning for one, but I get the feeling there might be something better in that price range too.

dfagdfsh

Professional Style Farmer
Reaction score
meh @ suits. I might pick up some of the dress pants if a 30% off coupon hits.

Kill_switch

Reaction score
today was the 2nd time wearing their lightweight poplin shirt that i picked up at the outlet.

halfway through my class the shirt was fine, nothing wrong with it but then idk wut happened, but all of a sudden i see three small holes near the bottom of my shirt, i'm like how did those get there? there was also lined marks where the fabric was weakening. all that could've happened was my shirt rubbing against my desk. really gay.

Robert

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Kill_switch
today was the 2nd time wearing their lightweight poplin shirt that i picked up at the outlet.

halfway through my class the shirt was fine, nothing wrong with it but then idk wut happened, but all of a sudden i see three small holes near the bottom of my shirt, i'm like how did those get there? there was also lined marks where the fabric was weakening. all that could've happened was my shirt rubbing against my desk. really gay.

how's a defective shirt homosexual exactly?

dfagdfsh

Reaction score
j crew sent me the wrong size of the pants.. 31 x 32 instead of 32 x 32. these are much slimmer than the jeans, woah. I woudl say these are slimmmer than Rugby university chinos too. obviously don't fit, but I don't think a 32 would either... had them send me a 33 x 32 instead.

tonio028

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Teger
j crew sent me the wrong size of the pants.. 31 x 32 instead of 32 x 32. these are much slimmer than the jeans, woah. I woudl say these are slimmmer than Rugby university chinos too. obviously don't fit, but I don't think a 32 would either... had them send me a 33 x 32 instead.

Hmm really? It makes me question the measurements they gave me then. Could you take some measurements on that one before you send it back? That size might work for me if it is as slim as you experienced.

dfagdfsh

Reaction score
already packed up. thighs seem slightly big, but I have fat thighs, so it works for me.

tonio028

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Teger
already packed up. thighs seem slightly big, but I have fat thighs, so it works for me.

Damn you! Hmm, how would the thigh in your size compare to say the classic, or any of the other supposedly slim fit chinos by the Crew (hook and bar, essential slim, etc.)?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 101 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 99 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 35 12.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 14.9%

Forum statistics

Threads