• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

J.Crew Fall/Winter 2012

Arnold Grape

Reaction score

jpc9

Reaction score

I'm thinking of grabbing a Ludlow blazer but won't have a chance to try one on before the sale ends. Was wondering what size you guys might recommend. I'm 5'10'' 135lb & have about a 38'' chest. I was thinking of trying a 38, but typically take a XS in all J. Crew stuff.

Thanks

I moved on from Jcrew a while back, but I think a 36 will be a better fit for you with those specs. For comparison, I'm 5'11" 150 lbs and I was swimming in a 36R Ludlow, and had to have it slimmed considerably.Unless you have really broad shoulders for your build, I think a size 38 is a mistake.

theclipper

Reaction score

I moved on from Jcrew a while back, but I think a 36 will be a better fit for you with those specs. For comparison, I'm 5'11" 150 lbs and I was swimming in a 36R Ludlow, and had to have it slimmed considerably.Unless you have really broad shoulders for your build, I think a size 38 is a mistake.

Much appreciated.

deez nuts

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I really like this jacket: http://www.jcrew.com/mens_category/outerwear/cotton/PRDOVR~35919/35919.jsp but they don't have a size in small online. Would it be possible to call and see if they can locate one at a store then ship it to me? Also, can I stack my 15% student discount on top of the 25% cyber Monday deal?

maybe give the closest store a ring and see if they have a S?
i have this and really like it, as do some other frequenters in this thread.
i havent had luck stacking my student discount with the current 25% discount though.

Bbombers85

Reaction score

I really like this jacket: http://www.jcrew.com/mens_category/outerwear/cotton/PRDOVR~35919/35919.jsp but they don't have a size in small online. Would it be possible to call and see if they can locate one at a store then ship it to me? Also, can I stack my 15% student discount on top of the 25% cyber Monday deal?

I just bought this in size small. They seem to have a few more left if you hurry online. Also if you have a jcrew card, use CARDSTYLE promo for 30%.

zxu426

Reaction score
looking at getting the LUDLOW SPORTCOAT IN STRIPE JAPANESE COTTON TWILL.
Anyone here purchased one or seen one in person.
How is the cotton quality?
I ask this because i noticed the following on the jcrew site......
look just where the armpit begins. Notice what looks like a tear....??
I have this jacket, so I can comment on a few things. It's a lightweight jacket that's probably designed to be worn during the warmer months. Very fine cords running vertically down the length of the jacket. Think pincords without the substantial weight of corduroy. Fabric weight is somewhere between madras fabric and chino. Thin, but not too thin. Has a faded look, so I'd only recommend it for casual wear (i.e. refined casual). Hope that helps.

P.S. That does look like a tear.

Coopa

Reaction score
woo hoo..after missing out on the twill dot shirt a few times, i just scored one bnwt on fleabay for $45!
icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif

Last edited:

karmaguy

Reaction score
zzz anyone have any idea if that nanamica briefcase will go on sale sometime? more so than the 25% off...i'm not sure if there's a precedent for the jcrew in good company stuff dropping that much

Last edited:

Newstyle

Reaction score
Who has experience with the Chippewa boots? I'm seriously looking at picking up a pair, are the TTS? Kicking myself for not taking advantage of the 25% off sale.

bl@ster

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Who has experience with the Chippewa boots? I'm seriously looking at picking up a pair, are the TTS? Kicking myself for not taking advantage of the 25% off sale.

I've got those Chipps. They size like Red Wings, so size down .5 from your TTS.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 95 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 32 12.1%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads