• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

J. Crew Fall/Winter 2011 Discussion

clarksdb

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Honestly, don't bother. I'm 6' 165, and I "take" a medium. Fits well in the chest, much too big by the waist. The sleeves and overall shirt length are also always just a tad short. I'm disappointed every time I buy a shirt from here... I'll learn eventually. Being a dress shirt though, the overall length may be long enough to make it work, just don't be tricked into thinking it's going to be a slim fit. Hope that helps without being too disparaging :confused:

So I'd be better off buying a gingham dress short at Zara? Better fit, I'd guess? I don't want anything obnoxiously slim either.

mr.orange

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

There's no J Crew thread in MC. How're their suits? I need a true navy suit, and 25% makes their Ludlow a pretty good deal. Anyone know if it's true navy in person?

yeah it's a true navy. the loro piana fabric drapes really nice as well.

LukeM

Reaction score
I just got the slim merino v-neck sweater in the mail. It fits almost perfectly (6' 160lbs.) except for a small amount of blouse in the middle. The material is a bit thin though for the price but on sale it would be worth it. (I didn't get it on sale :facepalm:)

CanuckBassist

Reaction score

Depends on your body type. If you're tall and have an athletic build it'll fit pretty well. Beware of the pants though, they fit nothing like the photos unless you buy a pair that explicitly states 'ludlow slim'. Sleeves run long too but buying short worked out for me. Would I ever buy another j crew suit? Definitely not. Overpriced, I'd rather buy a mtm thick as thieves suit and save 100 dollars.
As for the. Colour which ludlow suit do you want?

I actually have a Ludlow blazer, and it fits pretty well, so I hope the suit fits the same.

I'm looking at all three of the solid, herringbone, and glen plaid. The plaid seems to look the best, but it's also a lot more expensive.

Are you referring to the solid one, mr.orange?

jslade

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Does anybody know how much the Ludlow suit pants can be let out in the waist area?

JMayle

Reaction score
I pulled my Woodland jacket from last winter out of the closet today and it no longer fits, I've lost about 35lbs since then and while I'm happy about it, I'm bummed that this jacket is pretty much a tent now.

JMayle

Reaction score
Yeah it's a L, I got it on sale for $130ish so it's not a huge deal but I liked have a good waxed coat.

Mr. Bananagrabber

Reaction score
Grabbed two sweaters. One already marked down 30% so pretty decent price on that one. Was thinking about grabbing one of their Dodo case iPad cases but those went curiously missing from the website last night.

tv2177

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
the new v-neck wool-cashmere is very tempting to me at $48 shipped. i like the new deeper v-neck.

nvm, they took the sale off.

Last edited:

kidtwist91

Reaction score
Does anyone have any fit pics of the Bayswater peacoat? I want to pull the trigger because of the sale but im worried about the length of the jacket. Does it fall to mid thigh?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 103 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 102 36.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 36 12.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 46 16.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 14.6%

Forum statistics

Threads