• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

J Crew F/W 09 Discussion

Stylin-1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I hit it up today.

Nabbed a pair of officer's chinos and f'ing love them, even at retail. After trying them on, I wasn't leaving the store without them. Tried the giant gingham black/grey S/W in a med. and wasn't sold on the fit; maybe I'll still buy it and have it altered.

Almost pulled the trigger on the navy peacoat, but still want to try on the millerain coat first. Sale's guy mentioned opening a J-Crew card, but I'm applying for a new Visa with my local CU this week and I'm really conservative with inquiries. My CU pulls Experian. Anyone know who J-Crew pulls? They use World Financial Network National Bank.

Robert

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
I hate when the clerks do that. If I wanted a damned card I'd apply for one. They must make an incentive or something.

I'm beginning to think pea coats are too popular, overdone. Suggest not going with the pea coat.

Doin' Fine.

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Robert
I hate when the clerks do that. If I wanted a damned card I'd apply for one. They must make an incentive or something.

I'm beginning to think pea coats are too popular, overdone. Suggest not going with the pea coat.

+1 on peacoat advice.

joel_954

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Have you guys seen a lot of people wearing them? I rarely see anyone in a peacoat here in Minnesota.

Bungee Man

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Robert
I hate when the clerks do that. If I wanted a damned card I'd apply for one. They must make an incentive or something. I'm beginning to think pea coats are too popular, overdone. Suggest not going with the pea coat.
Is everyone walking around in pea coats where you live?

tonio028

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Eh not many sporting peacoats near me either. They've been a classic wardrobe piece for years and they're ******* warm. Not sure how that's overplayed at least not in it's classic design. Now put a million zippers on the thing, it'll be donated in a year and you'll be wishing you didn't get them. But the classic peacoat's been around for a while for a reason.

Are chino's too popular?

tonio028

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Oh and not sure what the **** Bungee Short Attention Span Can't Read Man is saying since he's been put on ignore, but Robert, feel free to indulge. You give kids today some help and they thank you by ******** all over ya. Ah well.

Bungee Man

Reaction score
Originally Posted by tonio028
Oh and not sure what the **** Bungee Short Attention Span Can't Read Man is saying since he's been put on ignore, but Robert, feel free to indulge. You give kids today some help and they thank you by ******** all over ya. Ah well.

Telling someone to not buy a pea coat because they are too "popular" is good advice? LOL, man crush for Robert?

joel_954

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Most guys around here wear North Face, Columbia, puffy coats, snowmobile coats, bad leather or pleather or Carhartt.

ToruOkada

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Peacoats aren't too popular but I can never figure out a good way to wear one. The double breasted-ness makes them awkward unbuttoned IMO.

Warren G.

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Not a lot of peacoat around here...

Althis

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Got my chambray finally, also it's my first jcrew button down shirt so I wasn't too sure whether to get a large or a medium, but I got a good deal on a medium "tailored fit" so I went for it. I'm pretty pleased with the fit, sleeves are just the right length, not too tight but still roomy enough for my liking. http://i79.photobucket.com/albums/j149/marsupialedman10/PICT0068-1.jpg may have to replace the buttons later though, i don't like the looks of them

hboogz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Peacoats overdone ? seriously ?. In fact, I hope more people don't wear/buy peacoats, makes more available at cheaper prices. Beautiful, classic, functional design on top of being warm, imo, which will be timeless...If i could get my hands on the Jcrew coat at a price i'm comfortable paying, I'd buy it in a sec...

BTW - Althis, great fitting shirt all around. Can't wait to get my hands on one of these. I think the L will fit better than the RRL L chambray i have now..

somatoform

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
althis, that is a good fit. L would have been too big.

hboogz, if you haven't already got the info from jcrew, I've got an L still unwashed and unworn and can pass on proper measurements if you need it (just the info, not selling the shirt)

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 99 36.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 96 35.8%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 32 11.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads