• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

J Crew F/W 09 Discussion

ctrlaltelite

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by synovoid
do you guys' girlfriends or wives also love j crew?

my gf does not like j crew that much.

all about it. granted, she's lucky and is able to thrift a lot of nice j crew finds. the other week she found a green cord blazer. she's getting elbow patches added at the tailor.
inlove.gif

mellowfellow

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^ my gf lives 10 minutes away from the mall, we check out j.crew about every other week. Jcrew have so many nice items for women.

tonio028

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by mellowfellow
^ my gf lives 10 minutes away from the mall, we check out j.crew about every other week. Jcrew have so many nice items for women.

Same with us, about 15-20 minutes away though. She enjoys a lot of the items, but she hates all the ruffle nonsense that the woman's catalog tried to shove down throats the last few issues. Come sales times we're both checking it out for prices that are much more reasonable for what it is.

Hermitedge

Reaction score
Do any jcrews stock xs in the store, or that's always something that has to be ordered?

tonio028

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Hermitedge
Do any jcrews stock xs in the store, or that's always something that has to be ordered?

Another case of no "search function"-idous. What is up with this lately? Online mostly with maybe the exception of the main stores in NYC, but sometimes there are returns and they are around then. If you need XS order that SOB.

Meis

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by constantine.
Just got the fleece shawl-collar sweatshirt in black and the small is freaking huuuge. Has to go back, what a shame.

+1

I've been really wanting a shawl collar sweatshirt lately and tried that one on a month ago and it wass huge... even with an oxford layered under it it was giganticlly baggy on me. Why do they never make XS in anything good?

Also, I feel like the kids have a better selection of stuff than we do... and I bet even the largest kids size would be too small on the scrawniest of us here.

Bungee Man

Reaction score
Are the 501 1966 jeans selvedge? They look like it, and they are in the selvedge section on the website, but when I emailed them to make sure they said they're not.

Robert

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by ROYGEN
those kids look fly...

is b/c kids don't give a flying **** what anybody thinks... . ya think a kid'd check in to a place like this to see if it OK to wear a henley over a tartan? They'd be all like wtf i'll wear wtf i want to.

Robert

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Bungee Man
Are the 501 1966 jeans selvedge? They look like it, and they are in the selvedge section on the website, but when I emailed them to make sure they said they're not.

Then I would guess they are not.
eh.gif

Robert

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
call again and get a different lady and if you get the same answer is a pretty sure thing that is the correct answer but if not then ask to speak to supervisor and splain you got two different answers and then say wtf is going on jack?!

tonio028

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Bungee Man
I'm guessing the lady that wrote back doesn't know what she's talking about.
I would agree. Looks selvage to me. Another site with close up for reference and they state selvage. I'm not feeling these though.

Robert

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
If it looks like selvage, and it feels like selvage, and it smells like selvage, then... .

Seems like a rather moot point to me.

Then again denim in general and j. crew denim particularly does not do a lot for me.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 98 37.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 95 35.8%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 32 12.1%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.1%

Staff online

Forum statistics