• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

J Crew F/W 09 Discussion

sazon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Robert
Sort of thinking about returning the red shirt. Too red? What are yr opinions?

I'm gonna pick up that green baby too.

The red is a classic looking shirt, but if you aren't 100% sure, I'd return it. I've never missed anything that I've taken back that I wasn't 110% sure of.

Stylin-1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by sazon
I'm gonna pick up that green baby too.

The red is a classic looking shirt, but if you aren't 100% sure, I'd return it. I've never missed anything that I've taken back that I wasn't 110% sure of.

Me too.

What's the consesus on the actual lumberjack flannel? Looks good on their model paired with khakis.

http://www.jcrew.com/AST/Browse/Mens...9278/99278.jsp

Barrylicious

Reaction score
The only problem with lumberjack style flannels is that it's basically hipster uniform (in Chicago, at least) so tread carefully

chiamdream

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Stylin-1
Me too.

What's the consesus on the actual lumberjack flannel? Looks good on their model paired with khakis.

http://www.jcrew.com/AST/Browse/Mens...9278/99278.jsp

I almost picked that up the other week, but my girlfriend had a knee-jerk aversion to it, so I passed for the time being. Nice shirt, though, quality buttons. Might still pick it up. My plan is to audition the LL Bean wool version just to confirm that the fit will be awful.

Curious_George

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Stylin-1
Me too. What's the consesus on the actual lumberjack flannel? Looks good on their model paired with khakis.
Unless you need red go with another color. I grabbed the green one last winter and feel it goes with a lot more stuff and doesn't really shout buffalo plaid like the red. Red is the one I've seen most hipsters in also.

Big Pun

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Do you base any of your "looks" on the J. Crew catalog? I'm talking to the people here who buy a lot of J. Crew stuff. I know I do. I often don't have enough imagination myself about how to pair things, so I go to the pages of my J. Crew catalogs, even the old ones. I even look in the crewcut section.

I've also gotten ideas from how the store dresses the mannequins.

lol

youalreadyknow

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Vernon-Dozier
Anyone tried on the military mockneck yet? Wondering if the neck is floppy and if the fit is good.

http://www.jcrew.com/AST/Browse/Mens...neck/18222.jsp

I need to stop coming into this thread, I always see something that I want. What is the other color of this? can't really tell from the picture, but i'd say the "heather earth" is more of a green

Vernon-Dozier

Reaction score
Will do. I've been getting my catalogs in the store but after hearing about the coupon deal, I signed up to get them by mail. At the same time, I hardly ever order online or from the catalog, so I'll pass whatever I don't use along to ya.

Thanks brotha. With 8-9% tax rate plus shipping it really helps to get the 20% off. I also have only seen 2 confirmed J Crew items from the public in the last couple years - a rep pique polo at a farmers market and a broken in polo in a video.

deveandepot1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
They have a couple nice fabric belts in the final sale. Does anyone know what season or year they came from. Thanks.

Robert

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Vernon-Dozier
Thanks brotha. With 8-9% tax rate plus shipping it really helps to get the 20% off. I also have only seen 2 confirmed J Crew items from the public in the last couple years - a rep pique polo at a farmers market and a broken in polo in a video.

Figured something out by accident. If I order by red phone and ship to my wife's residence, I get free shipping AND no tax. May do this for some bigger items, and then just wear them home when I fly back from a visit.

Robert

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Pelikan2
Love the red. I like the navy rather than black with it.

Yeah, have decided I like it a lot. There's a lot I could do with this.

Robert

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Big Punisher
lol

Yeah I know. Haven't quite figured out how to make the clips and pins work, but I'm working on it.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 95 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 32 12.1%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads