• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

J Crew F/W 09 Discussion

Warren G.

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Barrylicious
Eh who cares. The possibility of running into somebody that posts here, and then the even more remote possibility of them having the same thing on is so ******* remote that it shouldn't effect your buying decisions. Even the most SF uniform of pieces, like desert boots for example, I've seen people walking around wearing at most a handful of times over the years. I guess that's why I never understand the rage against the uniform and/or groupthink. 99.99999999999% of the population don't post here and don't wear what most of us do anyway

+1

Vernon-Dozier

Reaction score
I always pay attention to the styles put together in the catalogs and online. The way I see it is someone is getting paid big bucks to put the schemes together and I'm sure there is some trial and error before it goes to print. I have thought many times "Huh, I didn't see those items going together but it looks great."

Also, new catalogs should be in the mail. In the last send out there were coupons placed in random catalogs - I believe they were attached between the 1st & 2nd page. As always if you get one and are not planning to place an order then PM me the code.
blush.gif

sazon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Eh who cares. The possibility of running into somebody that posts here, and then the even more remote possibility of them having the same thing on is so ******* remote that it shouldn't effect your buying decisions. Even the most SF uniform of pieces, like desert boots for example, I've seen people walking around wearing at most a handful of times over the years. I guess that's why I never understand the rage against the uniform and/or groupthink. 99.99999999999% of the population don't post here and don't wear what most of us do anyway

Did you see me make that jump right onto the bandwagon yesterday and cop that Youngstown flannel ? Have to admit it took me a long time to warm up to this one (no pun intended), but seeing how the models wore it in this month's catalog put me over the edge.

When I tried it on, the fit was just right on me (I wear a LARGE........GASP!). Never had a flannel fit so nicely.
icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif

Robert

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Will do. I've been getting my catalogs in the store but after hearing about the coupon deal, I signed up to get them by mail. At the same time, I hardly ever order online or from the catalog, so I'll pass whatever I don't use along to ya.

Robert

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by sazon
Did you see me make that jump right onto the bandwagon yesterday and cop that Youngstown flannel ? Have to admit it took me a long time to warm up to this one (no pun intended), but seeing how the models wore it in this month's catalog put me over the edge.

When I tried it on, the fit was just right on me (I wear a LARGE........GASP!). Never had a flannel fit so nicely.
icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif

Word. It's an incredible fit for flannel, imo. I was totally turned off the green colorway until I saw some of y'all here posting pix of it. Then in the store they had it paired up with some things and it looked incredible.

Robert

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score

Word. I have never run into any man in my any of daily routines over many years who looks even remotely like they shop at J. Crew. The only guys who dress like me work in the J. Crew store.

Barrylicious

Reaction score
I dig the youngstown flannel a lot, but like previously discussed, something about me just can't stomach $70 for a flannel shirt

Robert

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
I thought that early in the season too. I would say the fit and the details of this one make it worth the 70 bucks. Considering Gap is selling flannels for 40-plus that look like crap puts this in perspective for me.

deveandepot1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Robert
Word. I have never run into any man in my any of daily routines over many years who looks even remotely like they shop at J. Crew. The only guys who dress like me work in the J. Crew store.

+1

Robert

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Still Life in Tartan and Flannel
dig002.jpg

Sort of thinking about returning the red shirt. Too red? What are yr opinions?

deveandepot1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Sort of thinking about returning the red shirt. Too red? What are yr opinions?

It reminds me of a Lumberjack.

hboogz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

You're spot on.

As much as i'm loving some of the flannel, I think I'm going to hold off on purchasing another Jcrew shirt at full retail....

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 95 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 32 12.1%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads