• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Is your wardrobe more expensive than your car?

Is your wardrobe more expensive than your car?

• Yes, I have proper sartorial priorities.

Votes: 63 64.3%
  • No, that's stupid.

Votes: 29 29.6%
  • I live in New York City.

Votes: 6 6.1%

• Total voters

jamiemcp

Reaction score
yes, I also have two bicycles that cost more than my car. but then I hate driving, live in the city and walk or cycle to most places

FlyingMonkey

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have never owned a car. I do, however, own 7 bicycles... but even with the expensive ones, one bespoke suit beats 1 bike.

LilacCords

Reaction score
It might just be, literally.... I'm changing my double garage into a walk in wardrobe ;)

mxgl2810

Reaction score
I am definitely surprised by these responses. I have a long way to go before my wardrobe is worth more than my new CTS. Worth noting though- I work for a major automaker

EliodA

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I have never owned a car. I do, however, own 7 bicycles... but even with the expensive ones, one bespoke suit beats 1 bike.

Really? Two of the bicycles in my collection could each have gotten me a handsome big name bespoke suit. Not that I have any regrets.
Cars don't interest me. I need one to get from A to B and that's it.

CBrown85

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Child > wardrobe

How does your wife feel about the Fit?

She absolutely loves it; bought it almost new in 08 or 09 and it's had nothing other than preventative maintenance done on it. Very reliable. Holds more than any other car we've owned, including a couple of (smaller) SUVs.

bourbonbasted

Cyber Eliitist
Reaction score
I can't believe how many of you plebs actually drive yourselves...

Caustic Man

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
With all this talk of Fits and Mini Coopers I'm beginning to wonder if I'm the only one around here who drives a full size pickup.
marchal.gif

EliodA

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I can't believe how many of you plebs actually drive yourselves...

One of the advantages of being an expat in Indonesia: your own driver, two maids to clean the house, a nanny for each child, a garderner/doorman...

Caustic Man

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
One of the advantages of being an expat in Indonesia: your own driver, two maids to clean the house, a nanny for each child, a garderner/doorman...

Haha, like Dubai. When my future wife told me she had a maid I thought she was a high roller. Turns out labor is so cheap in the UAE that almost everyone with a decent job has one. I bet the food in Indonesia is better though.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 96 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.0%

Forum statistics

Threads