• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Is this child abuse or neglect?

thetieguy

Reaction score
The dad does not work and is lazy. He is on the sex offender list for 2 crimes. He supposedly molested his cousin. He hid it from his wife and she didn't find out until they were married for a few years. She is a high schoolg rad and can only work minimum wage jobs. She has been out now workers comp for months now. She doesn't want to go back to work but her doctor said she can so she is fighting make it. The only income they have coming in is state aid and wic. Her 2 kids get money because they have ADHD. The younger boy is 4 and weighed almost the same amount as the 9 year old last year. The young ber is 4 or 5 and has ADHD so they say. He often sits in peed or poopy diapers for hours. They never check his diaper and fight over whos turn it is when he needs to be changed. The parents yell all the time and that is the only way the kids talk. The older boy is 9 and super small and skinny. He has ADHD as well. He still pees the bed and poops his pants. He wa suspended last year from school for saying he was goign to bring a gun to school. He was also removed a few weeks ago for throwing a book at the teacher, He doe snot listen to anyone. He takes things every time he comes to my house and I have to check him when he leaves. The house is filthy. The kids playroom upstairs has toys and food wrappers all over the floor and you can't see the floor. They have dogs and cats that don't get good care. They have killed 2 dogs due to negligence. The dad spends and charges whatever he wants. For having no income,t hey have satellite radio in their one car, new cell phones with internet, ps2 with every guitar hero and rock band game, a big flat screen tv, cable, internet, a lap top, flat screen computer panels, electric guitars, drums, dj equipment and so much more. The mom had sex with another man and the kid saw. She did that when the husband was out of town. The water for the 2 dogs are filthy. We paid for the older boys therapy for a while because they have no healthcare and medicaid doesnt cover it. The doc said he needs to be on a schedule. So my wife and I made one to keep him on track. They never used it. That was last year. Last month, I bought him a cool magnetic task board that never gets used. The younger boy has a computer in his room with internet and is on it all the time. We tell him not to download games on. He goes through our stuff all the time and never lsitens. When he pees his pants at night, he gets up and changes his clothes and hides his old ones. Are they just bad parents or do they need to be reported?

Slopho

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Did you once tell a similar story?

Douglas

Stupid ass member
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
I'd say this rises to the level of child endangerment, where you'd want to report something.

Damn shame, too, as even with adoption by a pair of loving parents, it's all over already for the 9 year old, and maybe the 4 year old too.

Thomas

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
I'd report and let the authorities sort it out.

Out of curiosity, what's your connection to these people?

eztantz

Reaction score
It is obvious that these parents cannot care for their kids and the kids have serious emotional issues. You need to report this.

odoreater

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I can't answer your question until you learn to use paragraphs. Seems like an interesting topic though.

onion

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I think it would be unethical to do nothing. You owe it to these children to call the police.

Also I'm almost positive you can report them anonymously.

r...

Reaction score
Depending on where you live or where they live, the foster care system may be no better. Report it. Even if the Devil these kids dont know isnt any better, they deserve a chance. And yes the 9yo is almost certainly screwed but the 4yo still has a chance. How do you diagnose a 4yo with ADHD? Those F***ers are all kinda the same at that age.

Incman

Reaction score
People that treat kids badly make me *******
ffffuuuu.gif
so hard. I don't particularly like kids, and would never consider having one of my own due to my being a selfish bastard. However, if you have a kid or kids, you have a responsibility to ensure that kid's needs are met. I am so ******* fed up lately with all the scumbags in the human race. If any of you have ever seen the site People of Walmart, you'll know what I'm talking about.

philosophe

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Call Child Welfare Services. There is no guarantee that they'll actually do what's needed, but you can't stand idly by.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 105 36.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 104 36.5%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 37 13.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 46 16.1%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 42 14.7%

Forum statistics

Threads