• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Is Styleforum turning off old members?

NOLA1

Reaction score
This is some tough talk from a dude wearing a 36R.

MyOtherLife

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Jay Gatsby
Are you the asshole who told me to check Nordstrom and Macys? **** you. I was very close to replying to your suggestion with hate mail, but decided that your post count didn't warrant my energy.

Styleforum hasn't turned off a single member, but behaviour like yours ^ certainly has.

I just want to say sorry for all the bad words. I've been drinking and watching the Rocky series of movies.

Would you kindly tell us what percentage of your posts were typed while sober?
To my memory, Rocky neither drank or used profanity. Why are you blaming him for your bad behaviour?

F. Corbera

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
All the recent focus on both new and old members has me very concerned: what of intermediate members? That great backbone, that living pulse of the B&S subforvm, the Everyday Guy who just wants to dress well every day (but not too well), the ones who provide most of the membership fees? Is the StyleForvm middle class disappearing? The 40R to 42Rs?
confused.gif
Surely, this is good for several pages of alarm, dismay, nostalgia, profanity, and recrimination? How do we get edmorel to post?

DandySF

Reaction score
I'm not as prolific a poster as some members in this thread, but I'm surprised to see that every prior post is by someone who's been in the forum for less time than I have (sound horn toot now). As an older member, I'm not turned off by the forum. It's easy enough to skip over the handful of insipid postings and find something entertaining or informative.

gorgekko

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Unfortunately it's not a handful...and it's not just new users either.

teddieriley

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by NOLA1

Srly. I love the poasts where "guys" complain that 36s are some times too big. Two words. Boys section.

Strange

Reaction score
Originally Posted by NOLA1

Originally Posted by teddieriley
Srly. I love the poasts where "guys" complain that 36s are some times too big. Two words. Boys section.

lol8[1].gif
I've been lurking for longer than I'd care to admit; suffice it to say I followed some of the older members over from AA, lurked a while longer, changed sn blah blah. I always chuckle at some of the self importance paraded around here and the aforementioned tough talk and entitlement. Whatever. This is the internet. The search function isn't THAT great a tool but it's a decent start. Some people find MC from generic searches for square-toed Kenneth Cole's and find a place where they're ideologically abhorrent. These people aren't going to sift through a ton of crap and circle-jerking to find their desired club wear. As has been stated before we all have the option to ignore and keep it moving.

patch9

Reaction score
Originally Posted by aj_del
What irritates me more than noobs starting threads about AE shoes are the threads about AE seconds started by MC bigtimers who just want to make fun of the guys who can afford 200 USD shoes while wearing their 1000 USD shoes.

yup....me too

KingOfTheForum

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Strange
lol8[1].gif
...... a ton of crap and circle-jerking...

Yes....YES! That's the site description that I've been looking for.

Annadale

Reaction score
I'm pretty sure you're the second person to quote this post of mine in the past hour. I don't get the attack though... is there some obvious location where I can find 36R jackets online that are decently made? If so, please let me know. I am having a very hard time finding them.

Ahhh! I think I see the problem, you would be quite a small man, wouldn't you?

lakewolf

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
what happened to us ? we got bored about discussing the same subjects again and again ( clothing is not a so wide subject ) and we migrated to DT. now the posting level over here has went to the DT level so it could induce us to come back
biggrin.gif

le Dauphin

Reaction score
^^your avatar managed to captivate me for several minutes. bravo sir
fistbump.gif

-Matt

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 101 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 99 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 35 12.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 14.9%

Forum statistics

Threads