• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

iPhone 5

patrickBOOTH

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I personally like the consistency of the iphone's interface. I don't have the time or energy for new learning curves. Phones aren't "video games" to me.

Also, I dropped my caseless iphone for the first time. No scuffs, or breaks.

gomestar

Super Yelper
Reaction score

I personally like the consistency of the iphone's interface. I don't have the time or energy for new learning curves. Phones aren't "video games" to me.

+1. I care far more about overall speed, ease of use, camera quality, and seamless integration with my Macbook, iPad, etc.

Jr Mouse

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
The thing is the UI has gone through changes over time. It's just that Apple has resisted making certain ones for the sake of change in itself. They could easily redesign the core app icons with ever release to freshen things up, but it's not like that would do much for the end user. Important changes like the notification pull-down is where they have focused.

javyn

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Apple doesn't make changes for change's sake? Hah, look at the disaster known as iTunes 11.

ad_infinitum

Reaction score
Tough crowd.

Without sounding too defensive:

liking and expecting innovation does not mean phones are 'video games' to me (or that my time is not valuable). I am not the person ROMing/Jailbraking phones to customize every last little thing, but I do like new things. Especially when they work great and even more so when they are the things I did not even know I needed. Innovation in 'high tech' is the game every manufacturer is playing. Apple used to be the company on the top, I feel google is overtaking them in this aspect - that is all.

Redundantly:IMHO.

Last edited:

Jr Mouse

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

javyn

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Tough crowd.

Without sounding too defensive:

liking and expecting innovation does not mean phones are 'video games' to me (or that my time is not valuable). I am not the person ROMing/Jailbraking phones to customize every last little thing, but I do like new things. Especially when they work great and even more so when they are the things I did not even know I needed. Innovation in 'high tech' is the game every manufacturer is playing. Apple used to be the company on the top, I feel google is overtaking them in this aspect - that is all.

Redundantly:IMHO.

+1

deadly7

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Oh yeah, what dumbass developer at Apple thought "vibrate when you're on the phone and holding the phone up to your ear" was a good feature? Why is this even a thing? And no, don't tell me "well go into settings and turn off vibrate" because that defeats the ******* point if you have to turn it on and off every time you get a phone call.

Jr Mouse

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Well go into settings and turn off vibrate.

ethanm

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Oh yeah, what dumbass developer at Apple thought "vibrate when you're on the phone and holding the phone up to your ear" was a good feature? Why is this even a thing? And no, don't tell me "well go into settings and turn off vibrate" because that defeats the ******* point if you have to turn it on and off every time you get a phone call.

This is definitely a legitimate gripe and one I noticed within a few hours of owning the phone. Good thing actual phone calls are becoming increasingly rare.

Last edited:

lefty

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I think I'm done with apple devices. The current issue with the wifi on my 4 has not been resolved and apple has denied any problem on their part. "Oh wow, never heard of that. Have you tried restoring it?" **** you, genius.

Don't get me started on itunes - the single most convoluted, ugly and useless ui I've ever seen.

I'll ask here as I only speak apple right now.
What phone?
How to handle music and itunes on phone if I still use macbook?

Anyone know what happens to my grandfathered AT&T unlimited date if I switch?

lefty

Last edited:

Jr Mouse

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
If you stick with AT&T you should be able to keep the dataplan.

Rambo

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score

I think I'm done with apple devices. The current issue with the wifi on my 4 has not been resolved and apple has denied any problem on their part. "Oh wow, never heard of that. Have you tried restoring it?" **** you, genius. Don't get me started on itunes - the single most convoluted, ugly and useless ui I've ever seen. I'll ask here as I only speak apple right now. What phone? Galaxy S4, Google Nexus 4, or HTC One How to handle music and itunes on phone if I still use macbook? http://www.doubletwist.com/desktop/ Anyone know what happens to my grandfathered AT&T unlimited date if I switch? You'll stay grandfathered. Don't let them try to pull you off of it. lefty
answered

CalTex

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

+1

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 94 35.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 31 11.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads