• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Investment Banking Discussion Thread

OmniscientCause

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Unfortunately, they filled their open positions in December. He said he personally thinks they're overstaffed by a few heads right now, but that's because they hired based on future workload. I told him I want to get my resume to a point where, if he received it, he'd want to interview me, so he's giving me tips on how to get it there. The GPA thing sounds like a pretty big killer, though.

If you dont get any interviews based on a low GPA its really unfortunate. The fluctuation of grade inflation that goes on in schools and certain programs is ridiculous and if your school/program doesnt do this consistently well then ur SOL.

Khayembii Communique

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

If you dont get any interviews based on a low GPA its really unfortunate. The fluctuation of grade inflation that goes on in schools and certain programs is ridiculous and if your school/program doesnt do this consistently well then ur SOL.

Well, I know my GPA sucks regardless of any of this. I think it's just going to come down to playing the numbers game, and hoping to hit it off with a hiring manager that doesn't care as much about GPA.

I'm going to be developing contacts at boutiques over the course of the year, I think, so that when hiring season comes around again I'll be prepared.

A founder of a small PE firm here said he'd consider having me intern at his shop if I'm still looking next summer.

Last edited:

jslade

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Decided between offers and signed. It's been a long and grueling process, guys. Really glad to be done.

otc

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Decided between offers and signed. It's been a long and grueling process, guys. Really glad to be done.

lol, you thought *that* was long and grueling?

enjoy the next few years :)

GreenFrog

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Congrats, jslade.

Don't be one of the kids who burns out 6 months in and quits

Do you know which industry group you'll be in?

Last edited:

otc

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Although honestly, how much of this is news?

I don't recall pre-crash there being such a plethora of people buying training classes and tutoring (or at least I certainly don't know anyone who took one and ended up working at a bank), but everything else was the same. Everybody read the vault guides, but none of this paying to learn the job (isn't that what the interns are supposed to learn during their summer???)

There already weren't any "accidental" bankers. The only people who got the interviews and the positions were the people who hung out with the other wannabe bankers and spent all their time at the career center going to events and practicing for interviews. Sure, there were some sociology majors, but it wasn't like they put out their cigarette, pulled on a suit and walked across the quad from the social science building to a bulge bracket info-session just out of curiosity. They knew what they were doing, had done the prep, worked the internships, and hung out with the bankers. They just happened to be interested in sociology (and everybody knows you won't actually use any knowledge from your Econ degree as an analyst at a bank).

Last edited:

suited

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Although honestly, how much of this is news?

I don't recall pre-crash there being such a plethora of people buying training classes and tutoring (or at least I certainly don't know anyone who took one and ended up working at a bank), but everything else was the same. Everybody read the vault guides, but none of this paying to learn the job (isn't that what the interns are supposed to learn during their summer???)

Crash = make bankers notorious
Young people = we like notorious
Company = we sell you that
Company = get lots of money
Young people = most of us wasted our money

shimshimhae

Reaction score
finally done with summer analyst recruiting. will be going to a top middle market bank doing m&a.

the last month and a half or so was a living nightmare. good luck to everyone still in the process!

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 92 36.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.9%

Forum statistics

Threads