• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Indochino suits?

Mark Anthony

Reaction score

I think its that the people who bash on the quality could just be used to more expensive suits. For the price, it might not be the best quality, but I've seen much worse. I've also seen people through around the idea that they have many satisfied customers who just bother posting on the internet about it. Probably the biggest draw is that although many have problems, one may hope that he gets his measurements right, they can have a good source of decent fitted suits for not too much money.
But I'm biased. I just ordered a suit today in Grand Central. :rolleyes:[/quote

Fair enough, I tend to discount the comments of those who only wear Brioni when discussing affordable suits. Just like I roll my eyes when people who wear JLC and Patek, denigrating Longines etc.

My posting was based on those who do wear suits in the $500 range which is the market Indochino and others market to. I also notice better quality Indochino go for $599 or so which really makes me think safer options are out there.

Love to be proven wrong and am very open to that.

VinnyMac

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Quote:
Fair enough, I tend to discount the comments of those who only wear Brioni when discussing affordable suits. Just like I roll my eyes when people who wear JLC and Patek, denigrating Longines etc.
My posting was based on those who do wear suits in the $500 range which is the market Indochino and others market to. I also notice better quality Indochino go for $599 or so which really makes me think safer options are out there.
Love to be proven wrong and am very open to that.

I think that the commentary on quality critiques is pretty accurate. How much quality do you expect for an item that's shipped to the U.S for $300? There are definitely mtm companies in the same price range that use better fabric, but my only real criticism of the quality is that the jacket is surprisingly stiff.

The construction and fit are the big issues with this company. Those are the big issues in most suit review threads, but there seems to be a lot of downright bad suits coming from this company. Look through the pictures, and take the plunge at your own risk.

Tailor Dan

Reaction score
We don't have this company in England, unless someone knows otherwise. How big are they?

udt123

Reaction score
I know their shirts are hit or miss but for me, I absolutely LOVE it. The waist is off by about 2-3 inches but other than that, the fit is perfect. For those who are afraid to try their shirts, I say give it a shot.

All the wrinkles are from me just throwing it on after it came out of the box. Once I fixed the sleeves, it was all set(except for the part where I bend my arms)

Last edited:

CYstyle

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I know their shirts are hit or miss but for me, I absolutely LOVE it. The waist is off by about 2-3 inches but other than that, the fit is perfect. For those who are afraid to try their shirts, I say give it a shot.

All the wrinkles are from me just throwing it on after it came out of the box. Once I fixed the sleeves, it was all set(except for the part where I bend my arms)

[ATTACHMENT=4306]indo_2.jpg (181k. jpg file)[/ATTACHMENT]

that's very tight in the shoulders/chest
:uhoh:

BackInTheJox

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I apologize for the terrible quality of this picture, but I need some quick help and all I have at my disposal at the moment is a friend's iphone pic. I was out of town for a while and my tux was delivered while I was gone . . . I have a very short time left to make changes and have them remake the jacket. The pants fit me almost perfectly.

First off, I have a unique body frame . . . I'm about 5'6" or 5'7" and 175lbs, and I'm a regular bodybuilder. Very wide shoulders/chest and relatively smaller waist (~41-42" chest, 33" waist), with wide lats that cause a pretty distinct taper from my shoulders to my waist. The jacket feels like it's too short in the body (the sleeves are fine, if not maybe 0.25" too long in this pic compared to the shirt). It does feel a little tight at the buttoning point/midsection, and even the part of the jacket below the buttons (around my hips) may be slightly tight. I realize I only have this one head-on pic and no side/back pics, but if anyone could give me some overall pointers and point me in the right direction to any major/minor changes that need to be made, that'd be great.

BTW, it's a peak lapel, despite it appearing to look like a notch lapel in the lighting.

Last edited:

CousinDonuts

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I apologize for the terrible quality of this picture, but I need some quick help and all I have at my disposal at the moment is a friend's iphone pic.  I was out of town for a while and my tux was delivered while I was gone . . . I have a very short time left to make changes and have them remake the jacket.  The pants fit me almost perfectly.

First off, I have a unique body frame . . . I'm about 5'6" or 5'7" and 175lbs, and I'm a regular bodybuilder.  Very wide shoulders/chest and relatively smaller waist (~41-42" chest, 33" waist), with wide lats that cause a pretty distinct taper from my shoulders to my waist.  The jacket feels like it's too short in the body (the sleeves are fine, if not maybe 0.25" too long in this pic compared to the shirt).  It does feel a little tight at the buttoning point/midsection, and even the part of the jacket below the buttons (around my hips) may be slightly tight.  I realize I only have this one head-on pic and no side/back pics, but if anyone could give me some overall pointers and point me in the right direction to any major/minor changes that need to be made, that'd be great. 

BTW, it's a peak lapel, despite it appearing to look like a notch lapel in the lighting.

Looks small overall through the body. If it is tight thru the chest and waist you can figure out those tweaks based on how much extra room you want/need. I would probably add 2" to the length. You want to look like you belong at the party, not working the party.

BackInTheJox

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Looks a little short and tight in the shoulders

If you don't mind me asking, did they give you jetted pockets on request, or have you simply tucked the flaps in? I don't remember IC offering a black two piece with jetted pockets.

It's actually a tuxedo! I selected the jetted pockets as one of the options (it's in the "additional options" or whatever tab).

I agree it's too short, and probably a bit too tight in the shoulders. I gave a measurement of 19.25" for the shoulder measurement, but as you can see they shrank that measurement for some reason.

Reaction score
Cross posting this from my thread that I crated just for visibility purposes due to time constraints:

I am looking for some constructive criticism on my first suit from Indochino, or rather, my first suit in general. I purchased this suit because my fiance liked the color/style for our wedding and it seemed rather affordable and simple to get all of my groomsmen on the same page online, versus trying to coordinate everyone going to a department or menswear store and finding the same suit in the right sizes (which in retrospect may have been the better option).

I know Indochino is hit or miss and there are plenty of bad suits for every great fitting suit that I have seen, however, I'm a "green suiter" and wear ACU's everyday so I can make the case that I don't know any better. As a junior officer, I wear my dress blues once every 3-4 months and I don't really know how a well fitting suit should fit. I trust that y'all will help me formulate my opinion before I take the suit to a reputable tailor.

So SF, does this suit fit good/bad/other, and can a tailor alter this to be good/acceptable or should I demand a remake. Wedding is in about 3.5 weeks so I need to act quickly.

I did my best to show off the suit accurately, if I need to take additional photos to give an accurate view please let me know. I can already tell these sleeves are short.

If you would, please let me know if the criticisms you have can be fixed by a tailor or need a remake. Cheers.

In b4 'do you even lift?' etc...

wintourh007

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Looks a little short and tight in the shoulders

If you don't mind me asking, did they give you jetted pockets on request, or have you simply tucked the flaps in? I don't remember IC offering a black two piece with jetted pockets.

Agree. Looks like a size smaller for you and the pockets aren't the standard flaps.

CousinDonuts

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Cross posting this from my thread that I crated just for visibility purposes due to time constraints:
I am looking for some constructive criticism on my first suit from Indochino, or rather, my first suit in general. I purchased this suit because my fiance liked the color/style for our wedding and it seemed rather affordable and simple to get all of my groomsmen on the same page online, versus trying to coordinate everyone going to a department or menswear store and finding the same suit in the right sizes (which in retrospect may have been the better option).

I know Indochino is hit or miss and there are plenty of bad suits for every great fitting suit that I have seen, however, I'm a "green suiter" and wear ACU's everyday so I can make the case that I don't know any better. As a junior officer, I wear my dress blues once every 3-4 months and I don't really know how a well fitting suit should fit. I trust that y'all will help me formulate my opinion before I take the suit to a reputable tailor.

So SF, does this suit fit good/bad/other, and can a tailor alter this to be good/acceptable or should I demand a remake. Wedding is in about 3.5 weeks so I need to act quickly.

I did my best to show off the suit accurately, if I need to take additional photos to give an accurate view please let me know. I can already tell these sleeves are short.

If you would, please let me know if the criticisms you have can be fixed by a tailor or need a remake. Cheers.

In b4 'do you even lift?' etc...

Other than some cleanup of the right leg length, I think this looks pretty decent. Give it a good steaming so you can see how it really drapes. Edit: the waist of that shirt is terribly billowy.

Last edited:

JPhu

Reaction score
If the wedding is in 3.5 weeks, a remake will not be possible because Indochino has recently increased the waiting time to 4 weeks. It used to be three weeks, but I assume there has been a significant increase in orders placed so they can no longer fulfill a 3 week deadline.

BackInTheJox

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Ok guys, I was wrong about my remake date and I still have about two days. Here are a few more pics of me in my tuxedo (I realize again the quality isn't great and I'm sorry, but it's the best I could do right now). The last picture is of me in just a t-shirt and shorts to give a good idea of what my actual build is out of the suit. The shirt is studded but I don't have studs yet so the three button areas below the collar are undone. Please ignore the shirt sleeves getting caught in the jacket sleeves in one/some of the pics.

My thoughts:
1. Jacket: too small kind of everywhere I guess. Should definitely be a little longer, right? Just not sure how much longer. Also thinking of adding a little to the chest, and definitely a little to the waist and hips of the jacket.
2. Shirt: way too tight in the chest (even at rest with my arms by my side, the button holes for the studs at the top are pulling away). The sleeves are actually a pretty good length. The length of the body of the shirt is at least 2 inches too short, maybe more (which may be partially why it looks so bunched at my waist in the pics without the jacket....it's so short it's riding up and almost untucked I think).
3. Pants: honestly they feel like they fit me almost perfectly. I know you can't get a good look at the bottom of them in these pics, but I don't think I'll make any alteration to them (or if I do, I may just get the part below the knees tapered like a half inch).

Any help is appreciated!

Last edited:

gambit50

Reaction score
Ok guys, I was wrong about my remake date and I still have about two days. Here are a few more pics of me in my tuxedo (I realize again the quality isn't great and I'm sorry, but it's the best I could do right now). The last picture is of me in just a t-shirt and shorts to give a good idea of what my actual build is out of the suit. The shirt is studded but I don't have studs yet so the three button areas below the collar are undone. Please ignore the shirt sleeves getting caught in the jacket sleeves in one/some of the pics.

My thoughts:
1. Jacket: too small kind of everywhere I guess. Should definitely be a little longer, right? Just not sure how much longer. Also thinking of adding a little to the chest, and definitely a little to the waist and hips of the jacket.
2. Shirt: way too tight in the chest (even at rest with my arms by my side, the button holes for the studs at the top are pulling away). The sleeves are actually a pretty good length. The length of the body of the shirt is at least 2 inches too short, maybe more (which may be partially why it looks so bunched at my waist in the pics without the jacket....it's so short it's riding up and almost untucked I think).
3. Pants: honestly they feel like they fit me almost perfectly. I know you can't get a good look at the bottom of them in these pics, but I don't think I'll make any alteration to them (or if I do, I may just get the part below the knees tapered like a half inch).

Any help is appreciated!
Jacket is definitely short.
The rise of the pants is too high for me. I know I prefer them fairly low though there are pants that have a look that speaks 'high waisted' as a style statement.
And those are cool. But when you are not attempting this particular style, I think it is bad news. But I assume most will disagree with me on this point.
You could let out the waist of the jacket some, sure. Hard to tell for the chest. You have one so you will fill out a jacket that is all proper. But it might be tight, I am unable to decide.
The hips of the jacket do not seem so big but if you let out the waist I am sure at the point I would think the hips need to give as well.
Don't go too far and create a pear out of yourself. I must say, I think that is the most prevalent issue I see with some of the expensive, well regarded members' suit creations on SF.
Some is due to body shape but I feel you should do what you can to eliminate it. You so not have this and I do not see why anyone would prefer it.
Moving on.
Are the pockets a bit flared on your pants? I think you are correct about a more tapered lower leg.

Good luck in getting it done how you like.
Bravo for posting a body pic. Seriously, I think this helps to distinguish the degree to which some ill fitting aspect is due to the garment or the body.
I won't comment on the fit and/or quality of your underwear. Maybe if you post in Streetwear.
Or wear a tee with a pocket, add a square and be the toast of SF.

Cheers

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 101 36.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 100 36.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 35 12.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 46 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 14.8%

Forum statistics

Threads