• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • Last Day to save 20% sitewide at Kirby Allison's annual Father's Day Sale! !

Kirby Allison is one of Styleforum's original success stories, beginning long ago with Kirby;s Hanger Project. Every year, Kirby holds a Father's Day Sale featuring some of the best accessories and shoe care products in the world. Take this opportunity to get something for your father, grandfather, or yourself, at a rare 20% discount (discount taken automatically at the checkout). See if you find that perfect hanger, shoe cream, or watch case here

Enjoy

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Indochino suits?

uirugger

Reaction score
My thoughts. Not a complete disaster, the shoulders could definitely be improved and I did have to take the suit in to get the sleeves slimmed. I ran out of time and needed the suit back for a wedding so the sleeves are a bit longer than I'd like. That will be remedied as soon as I return to the tailor.

The fabric is terrible, but to be expected and is in alignment with the cost I suppose. The stitching is bad. I had the crotch blown out on first wear. There are loose strands everywhere and I feel like if I cut or pull on one of them the whole suit will just unravel.

Here are pics in action.

I purchased the "Ultimate Grey Suit"

4765333933_4f5b24ca2b.jpg

4765333431_06de5a0141.jpg

4765970674_e4ea6c2bb1.jpg

4765969312_1f0bdf5613.jpg

Wrig

Reaction score
think ive come to the end with this, dont see the point in another remake, when seems to be alot of guess work in this. i didnt change the pant length from my first one yet they are longer, and your right it is a diffrent fabric for the pants and the jacket and they where both the remakes. i thought it would be close enough to get minor alterations done but obviously not.

i think i could leave my measurements the same on there site ask for a remake and it would be a diffrent size... just doesnt make any sense to me.

LorenzL

Reaction score
Originally Posted by uirugger
My thoughts. Not a complete disaster, the shoulders could definitely be improved and I did have to take the suit in to get the sleeves slimmed. I ran out of time and needed the suit back for a wedding so the sleeves are a bit longer than I'd like. That will be remedied as soon as I return to the tailor.

The fabric is terrible, but to be expected and is in alignment with the cost I suppose. The stitching is bad. I had the crotch blown out on first wear. There are loose strands everywhere and I feel like if I cut or pull on one of them the whole suit will just unravel.

Here are pics in action.

I purchased the "Ultimate Grey Suit"

4765333933_4f5b24ca2b.jpg

4765333431_06de5a0141.jpg

4765970674_e4ea6c2bb1.jpg

4765969312_1f0bdf5613.jpg

Your suit looks awesome I think!

Wrig

Reaction score
also something i forgot to mention, the remake shirt i recived had a purple stain on the cuff looks like they spilt something on it.

beowolf

Reaction score
looks good on you, but sad to hear about the quality of the fabric and construction. I can do much better with my $350.

bsinge50

Reaction score
I bought a suit from them, because I am poor, and it's hard to find my size. anyway, I think it came out alright after 1 remake.

Here is the only photo I could find, and please disregard the tie. I was pretty pleased, overall. given the price and all that, the suit seems like a fine buy.

Wrig

Reaction score
just orderd the remake, i wounder how many suits i will end up haveing to send back
eh.gif

whiteslashasian

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by bsinge50
I bought a suit from them, because I am poor, and it's hard to find my size. anyway, I think it came out alright after 1 remake.

Here is the only photo I could find, and please disregard the tie. I was pretty pleased, overall. given the price and all that, the suit seems like a fine buy.

Looks pretty darn good on you.

Sorry about that tie though...I'm sure it wasn't your first choice
laugh.gif

nickia

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I just got my suit today! My first impression is that this suit is well-made with great material.

However, upon trying them on, the jacket doesn't fit too well. I can't put my fingers on what's wrong but my best guess is sheeves too short, jacket too short, arm too tight.

Please tell me how should I fix this because I'll never go out if I look like this.

v1100110

Reaction score
Really seems like indochino suits tend to look best on smaller guys. I had to go through one remake, and I am very happy with the end result. I'm looking forward to ordering my next one. Hopefully that first statement doesn't offend anyone who has not realized they are small.

uirugger

Reaction score
I agree. I think the slimmer you are the easier it is for something to drape over and look OK.

nickia

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I retook some pictures and the suit looks somewhat better. Please let me know what alteration should I make?

landshark

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by nickia
Hi everyone,

I retook some pictures and the suit looks somewhat better. Please let me know what alteration should I make?

The sleeves are way too short on the jacket & the jacket itself is too short. The lapels are short and stout, but I think with a longer jacket, and consequently a lower buttoning point, they will look more proportionate. Everything else looks fine and subject to preference. I would, however, reccomend you undo the bottom button when you wear your jacket.

beowolf

Reaction score
Originally Posted by nickia
Hi everyone,

Wow, so many issues with these suits. the sleeves are too short as well as the jacket.

bsinge50

Reaction score
Just one guy's opinion: that suit looks bad on you, sorry. the shoulders don't look right, but maybe you have strange proportions.

Don't button the bottom button. and your pants look too short. the jacket is definitely too short. and the shirt you are wearing looks too long and baggy in the sleeves. I would suggest having it remade. How did the lapels even come out like that? Good luck !

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bootwatch