• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Purplelabel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Purplelabel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Would be great with the Brexit if they could keep their barbour **** home.

No more barbour in Europe !

barxit !

Funny that, the Beaufort is French.

Purplelabel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
You mean the name ?
Only pricks wear barbour, wherever they come from.
Everything is said in BSB words :
Barbour is bullshit. Hot, sweaty, oily, greasy, clammy, shapeless social climbing bullshit.

That’s fine if you don’t like Barbour! Not everyone does.

gnatty8

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I unbutton jacket sleeve a little to accommodate my watch. Just like I unbutton first sleeve button when wearing a sweater so it does not catch against sleeve lining. It also easier to pull the sweater sleeve out when dressing. I unbutton first button on my overcoats because the gloves fit better that way and don't gather when pushed by the sleeve. There are other uses for surgeon cuffs as well, so you are doing it wrong.

If you're wearing a watch so large that you have to unbutton your sleeve to accommodate it, then I think you sir, are doing it wrong.

patrickBOOTH

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I unbutton jacket sleeve a little to accommodate my watch. Just like I unbutton first sleeve button when wearing a sweater so it does not catch against sleeve lining. It also easier to pull the sweater sleeve out when dressing. I unbutton first button on my overcoats because the gloves fit better that way and don't gather when pushed by the sleeve. There are other uses for surgeon cuffs as well, so you are doing it wrong.

If you're wearing a watch so large that you have to unbutton your sleeve to accommodate it, then I think you sir, are doing it wrong.

Exactly, gnatty. Also, if your shirt sleeve doesn't accommodate said clock on your wrist bespoke shirts take care of this.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 98 37.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 95 35.8%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 32 12.1%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads