• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA Japanese BDU Camo Cargo Pants Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Japanese BDU Camo Cargo Pants are now live. These cargos are based off vintage US Army BDU (Battle Dress Uniform) cargos. They're made of a premium 13.5-ounce Japanese twill that has been sulfur dyed for a vintage look. Every detail has been carried over from the inspiration and elevated. Available in two colorways, tundra and woodland. Please find them here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Impending Fatherhood - Sartorial Emergency Kit

black_umbrella

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
So. I'm apparently going to be a father in the next few weeks. Not sure how this happened, but I blame TV. Or possibly the internet.

As indicated by a raft of gratuitous daddy pics on the site, some of you have gone through this already. Since both my wife and I work, it will be up to me, typically, to deal with the daycare/school issues (both will be near my office). So here's the question: What do I stock in my office to deal with the inevitable baby-related clothing mishap?

Here's my current list:

1) White shirt.
2) Appropriate undershirt.
3) A couple of generic ties. Possibly knit.
4) Pair of grey slacks.
5) Tide stick (or something)

Any other suggestions? or is this pretty complete?

SpooPoker

Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

I mean.... well, theres really no hope for your clothes. They sort of take a (gasp) back seat for a little bit after the bugger is born.

Im also coming off my 7th day of watching my daughter alone while my wife is on a business trip, so Im just bitter.

black_umbrella

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Condoms. So it never happens again.

see, now this is the reasoning that will get us straight to idiocracy.

Acrid, you seem like a generally intelligent person, go out, procreate. There's always the option to be "Father to Many, Dad to None."

I mean.... well, theres really no hope for your clothes. They sort of take a (gasp) back seat for a little bit after the bugger is born.
Im also coming off my 7th day of watching my daughter alone while my wife is on a business trip, so Im just bitter.

Yeah, I figured as much, but I was hoping there was some ninja-style inside information. Teflon spray?

SpooPoker

Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

Yeah, I figured as much, but I was hoping there was some ninja-style inside information. Teflon spray?

Case in point - this morning, I had on my shearling coat ready to go outside for a walk with her after her lunch of deliciously bland buttered macaroni. Stupid me forgets to wash her hands, and she bear hugs me with butter soaked hands. This is not only 4 days after she flung a spoonful of pureed carrots on a Cucinelli sweater.

Best I can tell you is avoid direct contact with hands unless they have been declassified first, keep an extra pouch of wet wipes accessible at all times, and wear your shittiest possible clothing around the house.

applky

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Wear your shittiest possible clothing around the house.

Too many dads apply this logic to life outside the house. Make sure you do not make the same mistake!

And black_umbrella, congratulations in advance on the birth of your first child!

Last edited:

David Reeves

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
You wont care about this stuff and/or you will just figure out what you need to do when the time comes. My boy is 10 months now, gets better and better. My tip, you think you have enough diapers? you need more.

acridsheep

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

see, now this is the reasoning that will get us straight to idiocracy.
Acrid, you seem like a generally intelligent person, go out, procreate. There's always the option to be "Father to Many, Dad to None."

It is not disputed my son will be a conqueror of many lands and peoples, whose domain will stretch from the shores of many a great sea to the tops of the highest mountains. But, in the rarified words of the mighty Highlander, "There can be only one."

Last edited:

David Reeves

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Yep ****** clothes round the house is a must.

black_umbrella

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

It is not disputed my son will be a conqueror of many lands and peoples, whose domain will stretch from the shores of many a great sea to the tops of the highest mountains. But, in the rarified words of the mighty Highlander, "There can be only one."

also **** I used to say.

Instead I'm having a daughter. Be wary of the unborn son boast....

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tonystark99