• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • LuxeSwap Auctions will be ending soon!

LuxeSwap is the original consignor for Styleforum, and has weekly auctions that show the diversity of our community, with hundreds lof starting at $0.99 every week, ending starting at 5:30 Eastern Time. Please take the time to check them out here. You may find something that fits your wardrobe exactly

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

If you wear Creed, kindly get ITT

dopey

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
To the OP: why is Creed the obvious choice?

You might want to check out this thread
As a guy that has very rarely ever worn fragrance, I think it's about time to purchase something to use for the right occasions.  Creed seems to be the obvious choice, but I was curious to see if you had a favorite scent?

What nonsense is this? Why is it obvious or are you employed or otherwise financially benefited by people purchasing this substance?

+1

In general, deciding on a fragrance by first selecting a "brand" is kind of stupid. About the only time it could conceivably make sense is with a house like Guerlain that has a few signature accords that appear in multiple scents, but it takes some serious knowledge and experience to be able to make that kind of assessment let alone decide you really like it. Unusual though that choice may be, that kind of person is also not going to be too interested in Creed anyway.
It is possible that Creed makes something that you like. It is also possible that you won't hurt yourself by focussing on a particular brand and maybe limiting choice isn't a bad thing if you are starting out and can't deal with too many options. In that case, Creed is hardly the only option, but it isn't an especially bad choice.

Last edited:

jeff13007

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Silver mountain water year long for me! But i do mix it up with Lavender palm and tuscan leather from Tom Ford. Or Tuscan Leather with a little bit of Champaca Absolute mixed in gets a lot of compliments for me

Digmenow

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Well, as the year draws to a close, I have been using GIT exclusively since the end of March. I have received 2 compliments which is exactly 2 more than I have ever received in my life on anything else I ever wore, including Polo (green bottle). The second compliment came a week ago and since it was late in the day, I was surprised since I had the impression that the scent only lasted a few hours on me and was gone by the early afternoon.

I think I'll go ISO a bottle of Aventus next. No idea why, though. I'm wandering in the wilderness here.

JubeiSpiegel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Creeds don't last on my skin either, but I have yet to met the person that did not like GIT, Santal, or Aventus. I have gotten compliments from even drive-thru cashier before wearing Creed.

Even knowing they don't last long on me, I still consider picking more up. Aventus is evidently Creed's best seller, if you love it, buy it...

brokencycle

Reaction score

I prefer Aqua de Parma to Creed.

A sales lady at Nordstrom gave me a sample bottle of the stuff, and I really like it. My wife waffles on it though.

As for getting compliments on cologne. I really hate when that happens to be honest. I don't think other people should be able to smell my cologne, and I hate when I can smell other people: it is generally a sign of wearing too much.,

DWFII

Bespoke Boot and Shoemaker
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Personally, I don't care for most contemporary fragrances. I guess I'm too old for this unisex thing and frankly I don't want to smell like food or a flower.

I have several favourites...

Vintage Tabarome--tobacco supposedly worn by Churchill and Bogart

Kolnisch Juckten--birch tar and leather

Eau du Fier--by Annick Goutal and one of the most unequivocally masculine, complex and sophisticates fragrances I've ever run across...and long since discontinued.

Fumidus by Profumum--tobacco and scotch...Hemingway at two in the morning

And a European student of mine brought me a bottle of Encens Flamboyant which purportedly Annick Goutal created for her boyfriend. It's OK and I like it but the Eau du Fier is my all time favourite.

But the real reason I posted this is to point out that if you know the notes you want--for instance, leather or tobacco, or the name--there is a website called The Perfumed Court that sells decants of just about any fragrance you can imagine. Even vintage fragrances. You can search by the House, by the name, by the notes. You can buy decants for less than $10.00, in most cases. It's worth checking out esp. this time of the year because wives, in particular like to try new fragrances.

--

Last edited:

marcodalondra

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I prefer Aqua de Parma to Creed.

I still use other fragrances from time to time but over the last year Acqua di Parma Colonia Intensa has become my signature scent from autumn through spring. Some times I also wear Intensa Oud, and during the summer Blue Mediterraneo Arancia di Capri has been my star parfume (all gifted by the wifey)

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SeawMartin