• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

I Just Bought a... (Wine, Spirit, or Beer)

Szeph el raton

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Depends. In summer I burn through the cheaper rums for Cuba Libre with 1 bottle in max. 2 weeks. In winter I use up Gin and Whisky in a rather quick rate. I'd also say it comes down to how many people you have over.

Something weird is that it seems that I usually use up the medium-nice stuff first. The brush cleaner like **** rots forever in my shelf, the nicer stuff gets saved for special occasions. The more affordable but nice things are empty quite often.

edinatlanta

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Szeph el ratón
Depends. In summer I burn through the cheaper rums for Cuba Libre with 1 bottle in max. 2 weeks. In winter I use up Gin and Whisky in a rather quick rate. I'd also say it comes down to how many people you have over.

Something weird is that it seems that I usually use up the medium-nice stuff first. The brush cleaner like **** rots forever in my shelf, the nicer stuff gets saved for special occasions. The more affordable but nice things are empty quite often.

+1 to all this.

edinatlanta

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
P1060427.jpg

So I stopped at two liquor stores today. The first said they don't have any more JW Lee's or Thomas Hardy Ale and hadn't for awhile. The second one had plenty of both which leads me to believe...well I'm not sure because I didn't ask at the second one.

Huntsman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I went to the liquor store for a $20 bottle of Averna. Really. But of course I had to look around. I wound up not wanting to spend the $20 on the Averna by the time I left....
p1010045p.jpg

edinatlanta

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Huntsman
I went to the liquor store for a $20 bottle of Averna. Really. But of course I had to look around. I wound up not wanting to spend the $20 on the Averna by the time I left....

p1010045p.jpg

Nice haul.

Halloween-

Reaction score
Just curious, how much is St. Bernardus Abt 12 cost in your guys area? The one liquor store I go to that's closest to me has a 4 pack of it at $20 (Calgary, Alberta).

Picked up a bottle of Hobgoblin, Fuller's ESB and Fuller's London Porter a few hours ago, roughly $4 each bottle.

Listi

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Halloween-
Just curious, how much is St. Bernardus Abt 12 cost in your guys area? The one liquor store I go to that's closest to me has a 4 pack of it at $20 (Calgary, Alberta).

Picked up a bottle of Hobgoblin, Fuller's ESB and Fuller's London Porter a few hours ago, roughly $4 each bottle.

Not available readily in Ontario, but in Pennsylvania I think it's $3.50-$4.50 for a single bottle. Somewhere between $10-12 for 750mL.

edinatlanta

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by happy hooligan
Just bought 3 bottle of this...

DSC08075.jpg

not going to say you lucky bastard, just not

Aaron01

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Double Bastard (Might pick up a couple more bottles since it's a seasonal release)
Duvel
Alaskan Smoked Porter

itsstillmatt

The Liberator
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by tattersall
Darroze Armagnac distilled on my birth year...
img0380s.jpg

****, that is an awesome bottle. We went through one earlier this year. It is my wife's birth year as well. We recently picked up a '74, which is quite good, but the '71 Gaube is the best I've had. Actually, when we were with Marc Darroze earlier this year, I asked him which armagnac in his cellar came the closest to perfection, and he suggested that one. Said it wasn't close, it was perfect, and since they actually bought the barrels a few years ago from the Gaube people, he was able to say that without any feeling of pride. Enjoy it. I am jealous. Found it:
Originally Posted by iammatt
img0095wu.jpg
Spoils of vacation.

Kwilkinson almost busted his one nut when he tasted it.

Aaron01

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by tattersall
Darroze Armagnac distilled on my birth year...
img0380s.jpg

That's awesome!
worship.gif
I've been searching for birthyear scotch, never thought about brandy. Will have to add that to the to kop list

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 105 36.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 104 36.5%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 37 13.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 46 16.1%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 42 14.7%

Forum statistics

Threads