• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

I just bought a... (non clothing item)

faustian bargain

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
now i can write in zero G:

460.JPG

Tokyo Slim

In Time Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by faustian bargain
now i can write in zero G:

460.JPG

Me too.

ticonderoga.jpg

smile.gif

ratboycom

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by ashtnn
t-mobile-sidekick-3.jpg

so what is it like to walk around with a trendy phone the size of a PSP and half as useful in your pocket?

faustian bargain

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by acidicboy
actually, it is.
smile.gif

what age(s)? i'm trying to introduce good games to my almost-5-year-old.

Tokyo Slim

In Time Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
yes, but yours will burn on re-entry.

Yours will run out of ink shortly after your country abandons its space program and leaves you stranded on a derelict space station with a decaying orbit. The only companionship afforded to you are your zero gravity letters to your zero gravity love. You tenderly wrap each letter, appropriately post-marked, in bubble wrap and shoot them out the airlock twords Earth. Sadly, she has never written back.

acidboy

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
what age(s)? i'm trying to introduce good games to my almost-5-year-old.

I was just kidding. My nerd-in-training 4 year old seems to like it. Challenges are gradual from easy to hard and if your 5 year old can sit long enough he/she will get the hang of it. The maker, Smart Toys, seems to have interesting analytical toys and I know some preschools here use them.

But for my kid, nothing beats a good game of Snakes and Ladders.
smile.gif

Toiletduck

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by acidicboy
I was just kidding. My nerd-in-training 4 year old seems to like it. Challenges are gradual from easy to hard and if your 5 year old can sit long enough he/she will get the hang of it. The maker, Smart Toys, seems to have interesting analytical toys and I know some preschools here use them.

But for my kid, nothing beats a good game of Snakes and Ladders.
smile.gif

Nerd in training! awesome....I can't decide whether I'll ever let my kids own a gameboy/nintendo DS/PSP......I never got one when I was little. I'd say it did me good.
smile.gif

fortune

Reaction score
Originally Posted by ratboycom
so what is it like to walk around with a trendy phone the size of a PSP and half as useful in your pocket?

lol. i've gotten mixed reactions. you're one of the 'bashers'. i hated the sidekick too but then i looked into it. sure it's trendy, but after owning one i can see why. my old phone was broken. i couldn't charge it. it'd been like that since october. i'd switched batteries with my dad every other day since october and got fed up with it. and if you were being literal on the size of a psp, you're mistaken. sure it's up there but it's no bigger than a blackberry pearl which was my other choice. and getting this will elimate the use of my 30gb ipod which is apparently broken and the same size.

faustian bargain

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Toiletduck
Before I could scroll to the nib, all I could see was a

long,

black,

dildolike

thingamujiggy

yeah, it's funny, that picture is like twice lifesize, on my screen. Closed, the pen is about 3 inches. Open, ~5.5".

I might not have love to keep me warm, but the knowledge that my pen was privately developed at no cost to NASA will soothe my soul on those lonely orbital nights.

ratboycom

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by ashtnn
lol. i've gotten mixed reactions. you're one of the 'bashers'. i hated the sidekick too but then i looked into it. sure it's trendy, but after owning one i can see why. my old phone was broken. i couldn't charge it. it'd been like that since october. i'd switched batteries with my dad every other day since october and got fed up with it. and if you were being literal on the size of a psp, you're mistaken. sure it's up there but it's no bigger than a blackberry pearl which was my other choice. and getting this will elimate the use of my 30gb ipod which is apparently broken and the same size.

No way man, that SK3 is way bigger than a pearl, its more like the size of a BB71xx series. the pearl is tiny and thin (I own one, great phone). On a side note, long before Tmo picked up the Sidekick I was interested in getting one, this was back when they were called the "Danger Hiptop" had awesome specs at the time.

acidboy

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Toiletduck
Nerd in training! awesome....I can't decide whether I'll ever let my kids own a gameboy/nintendo DS/PSP......I never got one when I was little. I'd say it did me good.
smile.gif

I had my share of Nintendo Game & Watch units when I was a kid and I turned out fine.
smile.gif
Then again, I never really limit the kid's TV time so videogames are out of the question as of now, too.

fortune

Reaction score
Originally Posted by ratboycom
No way man, that SK3 is way bigger than a pearl, its more like the size of a BB71xx series. the pearl is tiny and thin (I own one, great phone). On a side note, long before Tmo picked up the Sidekick I was interested in getting one, this was back when they were called the "Danger Hiptop" had awesome specs at the time.

Thicker yes but to me atleast they seem similar in length and width. Eitherway, I love the thing. I was dissapointed with alot of the phones I've scene recently either in that for something I like like a few of the new SE's, for performance and 'niceness' I really didn't want to spend upwards of 300. Which was what I was looking at. And all of the other phones in my price range just seemed so bland and what not. And atleast the Sidekick still has a 'name' and you don't get the reaction "Oh hey. New Phone? That's cool." Kids(i'm a junior in HS) are like hey man let me see that. As I browse ebay during spanish
tongue.gif

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 95 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 32 12.1%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads