• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • LuxeSwap Auctions will be ending soon!

LuxeSwap is the original consignor for Styleforum, and has weekly auctions that show the diversity of our community, with hundreds lof starting at $0.99 every week, ending starting at 5:30 Eastern Time. Please take the time to check them out here. You may find something that fits your wardrobe exactly

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

I just bought a... (non clothing item)

impolyt_one

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
'cool' interior shop in Tokyo has sofas like that, except with a padded vertical cushion to adjoin the sides, classical design - they want $4000 for the 3 place in leather. :( Don't even have room for a 3P sofa anyway... :(

impolyt_one

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
well, the one I looked at wasn't really worth the $4,000, believe it or not, sad face :(

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
4k is cheap my ideal sofa is 11k

b1os

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
A dozen fragrance samples (Amouage, Puredistance, Creed, Lalique,...)
A new pasta machine - Marcato Atlas 150.
Two cookbooks: The Flavor Bible and Classical and Contemporary Sauce Making.

Nice sofa, mordecai.
Nice cupboard, impolyte.

Last edited:

nootje

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

4k is cheap my ideal sofa is 11k

11K is cheap to me, the 100K to make mine out of ice age wood doesnt fase me either. The upkeep for the four slaves that will keep it of the ground permanently does however. :teach:

Reaction score
speaking of sofas, corbousier or a knoll florence? i know kinda cliche but they're the only decent ones i can find i can afford..

Fred49

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Pasquini-Cap-Machine.jpg

Pasquini

Last edited:

impolyt_one

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
got a fakie LC2 3 place today, in a surprisingly nice leather (it's not aniline or chrome, but it'll do, certainly better than you normally see on these things by a wide margin) - store is closing so for the price, it was worth taking. Gonna see how my dog treats it, because she tore my last sofa to shreds in less than a month. If she passes the sofa test we can look at getting the real suite. My dog is pretty aggressive though.

Also bought this sofa at the same store for the downstairs living room, same color. They were slashing prices as they went and they marked this one down $100 in front of our eyes as we were sitting on the LC2, so I figured that was a sign and it came along for the ride. She likes the blue, I am kinda grossed out by it, but the piece matches the downstairs. Sometime soon I am gonna re-make the cushion covers in Italian aniline calf, maybe moss green or deeper olive green calfskin.

dowel.jpg

otc

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

got a fakie LC2 3 place today, in a surprisingly nice leather (it's not aniline or chrome, but it'll do, certainly better than you normally see on these things by a wide margin) - store is closing so for the price, it was worth taking. Gonna see how my dog treats it, because she tore my last sofa to shreds in less than a month. If she passes the sofa test we can look at getting the real suite. My dog is pretty aggressive though.
Also bought this sofa at the same store for the downstairs living room, same color. They were slashing prices as they went and they marked this one down $100 in front of our eyes as we were sitting on the LC2, so I figured that was a sign and it came along for the ride. She likes the blue, I am kinda grossed out by it, but the piece matches the downstairs. Sometime soon I am gonna re-make the cushion covers in Italian aniline calf, maybe moss green or deeper olive green calfskin.
dowel.jpg

I like that blue...are the cushions wool or leather?
Its hard to tell from the pic but if they are leather I would not like it anymore...but wool (or other textile) would be cool with me.

impolyt_one

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
the blue is wool fabric. I was thinking about changing to green or black leather though. Not that we had a choice of colors, but I think I will get sick of the blue eventually, would prefer an earth tone I think, gotta look at it every time I go to the bathroom, so the change may happen sooner than later. The back of that sofa is probably more interesting looking than the front, which is good because the back will be facing the little foyer area and will be seen every time we come in the house:

dowel_sofa2.jpg

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member