• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

I hate (my) cellphones

unjung

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by tor
They have rotary phones still? I guess they do...

I need one.

Assuming they still work on the system, I really should snap one up... my parents' had a super long cord. That would be so sweet.

eztantz

Reaction score
Originally Posted by unjung
I want a land line when I get my own place just so I can have one of those again.

Same here.

Johnny_5

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by MetroStyles
Get used to putting it on silent and not checking it often. People will stop expecting you to pick it up all the time. This is what I did.

Absolutely. I started doing this almost two years ago with my phone and am much happier not having to answer stupid calls, texts, and other nonsense. Usually, if it is important the person will either leave me a voicemail or a text and I call them back, but if it's not an emergency I touch base with people on my own terms.

RSS

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by eztantz
What happened to the good 'ol days when we only had land lines with a tape answering machine. No caller ID or call waiting. Now I'm always available - or so people think. They even get upset that I don't pick up, like I have to be accessible. Ridiculous! I wanna get rid of this ****, move to a farm and get these people the f*** outta my life. Am I the only person who can't stand this?

I hear you. I have recently gotten a new cell phone number ... and a very limited few have the number. I tell the others to call my home of office and leave a message. Unless I am traveling and unavailable ... I do promise to call clients back by the end of the day -- or if the call comes in during after-hours, when I arrive at the office the following day -- and I keep that promise.

eztantz

Reaction score
Originally Posted by RSS
I hear you. I have recently gotten a new cell phone number ... and a very limited few have the number. I tell the others to call my home of office and leave a message. Unless I am traveling and unavailable ... I do promise to call clients back by the end of the day -- or if the call comes in during after-hours, when I arrive at the office the following day -- and I keep that promise.

Google Voice comes in handy for those who wish to restrict who can reach them on their mobile device. Unfortunately for me I do not have a way of getting the people who already have my number to stop using it. Besides, I don't really have a problem with people trying to get in touch with me, my issue is that when they can't get in touch with me they say that I am being an ass for ignoring them. Maybe I am a self centered prick, but I dont see why I should be available 24/7 just because I have a cell phone.

JayJay

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I rarely give out my cell number. I leave the phone on silent all the time except when I'm expecting a call. I rarely get calls.
smile.gif

ANIKETOS

Reaction score
I am one of the few ppl that hates his blackberry..I dont think its a smarphone whatsoever.I am cursed to use it however.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 104 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 103 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 36 12.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 46 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 14.5%

Forum statistics

Threads