• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

I guess this is college, huh?

Modern Gatsby

Reaction score
Wide awake buried in work. Still not considering this a heavy workload because I have a ton of work to do because I blew off Saturday completely. I look forward to a party at the end of the week, but I doubt I'll feel up to attending. Right now I am browsing WSJ.com.

Good night.

ysc

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Get your **** together, do the work, go to the party even if you "don't feel up to attending" at the time, you will once you get there, if you don't you won't go to the next party and so on till you have no life. Stop procrastinating by browsing, you can lose hours doing nothing useful.

Gravitas

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
You don't wanna turn out like Conne, DO YOU?

JetBlast

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by youngscientist
Get your **** together, do the work, go to the party even if you "don't feel up to attending" at the time, you will once you get there, if you don't you won't go to the next party and so on till you have no life. Stop procrastinating by browsing, you can lose hours doing nothing useful.

+1. I ******* hate college, but this is pretty much what you have to do.

Just consider that if you get the work done and do it right the first time, it's done and you don't have to spend more time on it.

Connemara

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
College goes by pretty quickly, but there are times when you feel as if you have been there for 25 years.

inq89

Reaction score
Force yourself to study in the library until 5pm, then do what ever you want after. But you have to studying for real and not pu$$y around. Everything they say about time management is true. Study smart, party hard.

inq89

Reaction score
Originally Posted by JonHecht
5 PM sounds odd. E.g., MW I have class from 9 AM-9:40 PM, TTH from 11-8:15, and F 9-1.

Yea night classes suck. I'm lucky because I'm now in professional school and we are done at 1pm everyday. So for me, I'm in the library afterwards until 4-5pm. What I was trying to get at was to get what you can when you study on campus (don't waste time, use smart study techniques) so that when you get home you could concentrate on other things or just chill and party. I never study at home cuz the tv, internet, etc. is too tempting.

intent

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Modern Gatsby, from reading your other thread about dressing in college and this one, they seem to follow a pattern. Be careful that you don't look like a snob to others in your classes, because these 4 years are supposed to be great. It's easy to get labelled as an outcast in college and not enjoy it to the fullest extent. Sure, you might find others who complain as much as you do, or share your views, but do you want to be around a culture of negativity? College is about doing stupid things and having fun. Go to the dumb parties if only to make an appearance. Getting good grades and a good job is simply a byproduct that will happen if you meet the right people and bring the right attitude. Life's too short to look back at college and wonder what if. I know, because I used to be like you.

pseudonym

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by inq89
Force yourself to study in the library until 5pm, then do what ever you want after. But you have to studying for real and not pu$$y around. Everything they say about time management is true. Study smart, party hard.
Has anybody on SF ever been a commuter during college? I am a commuter myself, and it's hard to make events because A) I live 1.5 hours away and B) the neighborhood outside the school is dangerous from 10PM and onwards. And not to mention the strict rules on staying over.

enjoiii

Reaction score
Originally Posted by pseudonym
Has anybody on SF ever been a commuter during college?

I am a commuter myself, and it's hard to make events because A) I live 1.5 hours away and B) the neighborhood outside the school is dangerous from 10PM and onwards.

And not to mention the strict rules on staying over.

I'm in the same boat as you, it takes me just under 1.5 hours to get to school. As a result I never really got very connected with the social part of school. My classes are probably about 80% asians so that didnt help either.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 102 36.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 100 35.8%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 36 12.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 46 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 14.7%

Forum statistics

Threads